Monday, June 4, 2007

BUSY weekend!

On Saturday, June 2nd, our lovely, wonderful, amazing Young Women held a car wash & BBW in the parking lot of our new building... stupid me got pictures of the car wash... but not the building! And I had my camera RIGHT THERE! doh!

Only four girls showed up, but that's alright. We made like 200 bucks AFTER costs etc were taken out. :-D AND that's sort of a "soft" profit margin, because enough bbq suplies were purchased for the car wash/bbq AND the big garage sale on the 16th or so of June in Dundas. So, after that point, and all of our supplies are used, we'll better know what our REAL profit is.

Granted, I believe the Church doesn't allow for Girls Camp fundraising, but alas, our Bishop said it was ok, and as far as we're concerned, that's all that matters.

Anyway, here are a few pictures from the car wash.


Washin' a car.


The BBQ table. (Tide was on sale at the nearby grocery store... we weren't feeding it to people, don't worry.)


A few people who stopped by for the food and car wash. Sarah (YW President) is in Pink, and Lisa (1st counselor) is facing her in the dark blue shirt... you can't see her face.


This is the best picture I have of our building. lol It's prettier than that. Melanie is in green and her brother Joshua (in my old Primary class) is on the cooler. Missionaries etc are helping out in the background.


This is the second time Brother Seibert (hope I spelt that right) had a water-fight at our car wash. The first time, he brought his wife's car, and Lisa (his daughter) had a water fight with him. This time, he came back and had a water fight with Joshua. It seems good times were had by all. Oh, you can also kind of see the grocery store in the background. :)


I got oh SO sunburnt. Its better today, turning into a nice tan, but I had my sunglasses on, so I kind of have a bright red nose, and my skin is still lily white where my shades were. I'm totally gross in this picture, no clue why I'm posting it, but we worked our little butts off for that car wash, and it totally shows. I wasn't the only one with a little burn. Good times for all.

When I got home, the hubby had moved a TON of stuff around, and organized the shed, and basement, I was totally impressed. He even turned on the water to the outside, and is quite focused on getting green grass for the summer so we can host a few bbq's. :) He had the sprinklers on, and I went out to toss some trash out, and I saw a little red breasted robin hopping around in the sprinklers. It was adorable, so I ran to get the camera. You can barely see him, I tried to get closer, but he flew away. :( But he's in the upper right corner!



I think I'll start a new post for the baby shower I went to yesterday. :) This one is getting too long.

1 comment:

Amy Smith said...

Oh so much hard work, yikes! BTW, the Church allows one fundraiser a year for the girls to raise money for camp. You did good and you are looking great! I love the pic of you, we need more!