Tuesday, June 19, 2007

I am the Procrastinator

Ok, so I've been sick since last Saturday (June 9th people). I'm sick of it. (literally). I haven't felt well enough to do the dishes, or anything else in this house (not like I do all that much around here anyway)... but now I have over a weeks' worth of dishes, and its hot and humid, and I got sun burnt yesterday (I was putting the finishing touches on our Girls Camp Castle/Mailbox for like 4 hours). I really honestly don't want to do the dishes... but I've procrastinated doing them for over a week.

NOW I want my kitchen back so I can make cookies! How's that for incentive? I just hope (REALLY hope) that I'll have the strength/motivation to make cookies once the dishes are done.

In other news, my cough is merely a dry cough now, still annoying and it wakes me up at night, but a dry cough isn't as bad as a gross cough is it? My ear is still plugged up, but it tried to pop yesterday. I just hope that pops too. I asked my Bishop for a blessing yesterday for my cough and other issues plaguing me (my jeep in buffalo, immigration etc). And I hope and pray that I'm able to do all I have to in order to receive the blessings that I need.

I'm just so sick of being sick (and not able to go to a Dr. too). So I'll be doing dishes for the next few hours (I'll be listening to music via my Creative Zen (cheaper than an iPod) ;) so I should be ok). Wish me luck, and pray for me if you wish. :)

3 comments:

Hayley said...

those cookies made me salivate! (is that how you spell it?) i am so sick and tired of sickies, too. being sick sucks! and i'm sick of my students having snotty noses & coughing. in the most sympathetic of ways. :) did you hear i killed my turtle? i had an hour of mourning... i am so ashamed!

Maren said...

Again, I'm not the best speller (edumacated in hawaii remember?) but I do think that's the correct spelling of salivate. It just looks wrong. I haven't made the cookies yet, as I have no motivation, and there are still maybe 8 dishes left. lol

I did hear about your turtle :( How very sad indeed. BUT in all fairness, it wasn't at home right? It was on your work fishtank, which we don't so much care about. So I think you're ok. Oh, btw, I noticed you can put the food at 100% and it doesn't change the pollution level (i have the expensivest filter though). More testing will be done with the crappy filter.

Maren said...

Ok, just tried the crappy filter with the fish I have pictured, and the food at like 93%... The pollution level immediately started rising 1%, 2%, 3%, 5%... I got scared and put the good filter back. :-o