Tuesday, June 12, 2007

My toe hurts :(

This morning... well, ok, it was nearly noon... I woke up from sleeping in WAY late (I'm still sick remember? I'm allowed to sleep in) at around 11:15 or so... got dressed, and found my husband talking to the landlord's son across the fence in the backyard.

I let him talk for a half hour or so... then I decide to go out and say good morning while it was still morning. I say hi to the various family members I hadn't met before (as they don't live there, they live with the landlord's ex-wife Elaine, whom my husband calls "Mama Bear")... Anyway, on my 2nd trip outside, (literally) I completely trip and cut my baby toe on a pitchfork. Granted it was proped against the wall next to the shovel (hubby has been fixing up our lawn and yard for entertaining for BBQs etc). It wasn't like right in the walk way, but it was there, I was barefoot (hey... I grew up in Hawaii, we no like shoes there), and because I am such a klutz, as I fear I always will be, I basically tripped over the pitchfork and I'm now missing the first layer of skin on my baby toe (left foot). Its about the size of a centimeter or so, but it stings like the devil!

So I'm still sick, and I think its getting worse... I seem to have a cough that wants to kick in, and its getting harder to breathe today. And now I'm limping because it hurts to walk on my left foot, because of my wee little baby toe. :(

To top it all off, I'm supposed to donate blood tomorrow, and that's so not happening. I still have to go purchase Badminton racquets before Wednesday night... (YW/YM activity night). Hopefully I can do that without harm or incident. Why am I so clumsy? What is wrong with me? I think one day I'll be able to laugh at all this... but I just hope I don't seriously hurt myself or someone else because of it. eek!

Time for bed.

2 comments:

Hayley said...

sucky! "we no like shoes there" hehe. we no like - small kine, yeah?

Maren said...

yeah, no shoes is small kine ;) I probably would have tripped and sprained my ankle if I did have shoes on... I just seriously don't know how to walk somedays.