Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Taco Potatoes

At our final girls camp planning activity, we discussed the menu, and I learned a new "recipe" from the girls.

We're having Taco Potatoes for girls camp.

You take a baked potato, cut it so you can scrape the insides out (I'm picturing it like a bread bowl for soup... lop the top off, and scrape the innards out). Once the insides are scraped out, you treat it like a taco, meat, cheese, lettuce, sour cream, tomatoes, salsa (personally, that's the order it's meant to be in. Cheese on the meat so it melts). Then You just eat your taco potato, and then you can also eat your "mashed potato" innards on the side. It sounds super delish, and I can not wait to try it!

We're also having backpack chicken, as sugested by Sister Sylvester (from Boise). This sounds super scary to me (salmonala wise). You get hot, hot rocks from the fire, stuff it inside the chicken, wrap the chickent up in newspaper, and then towels, and stuff it all in a backpack... While its in there, its cooking, and you're supposed to go on a hike... and magically like 45 minutes or whatever later, your chicken is cooked and its allegedly supposed to be super yum, and falls right off the bone...

We have mac and cheese as a backup in case this "backpack chicken" doesn't pan out.

~

Turns out my burnt cookies weren't a waste, nor did they die. My husband's brother Christian came over today and they had an xbox day. He ate all the burnt cookies! lol I was *thisclose* to hucking them out! hah!

Also, I'm still slightly sick, and my ear is still clogged. I'd say I'm running at about 90% of full capacity.

2 comments:

Hayley said...

so jealous. you've got great fishies!

Maren said...

:-D Yeah, but I'm getting bored with them. Turtles, & dolphins don't grow fast.