Thursday, June 14, 2007

Go ahead, you deserve it!

Maybe... a year and a half ago, possibly more, I discovered that there are folks out there that make their own candles, and bath & body products. I just re-discovered mine from a recent delivery of my stuff from Buffalo, and I'm falling in love with my favorites all over again, and I just wanted to share.

In November or so of 2005, I discovered tarts. Some call them "wickless melts". They're like candles, but you don't have to burn a fire with them. You'll have to burn a tea light if you get the cheap tart warmer though. I personally prefer the electric tart warmers that have the little lightbulb to warm up your tarts. I ADORE my tart warmer, I just wish my husband would appreciate all I go through to make the house smell and feel more like a home. He calls it my smelly crap. Anyway, Here's my lovely tart warmer, I do highly suggest the electric ones. I got mine in shells, because hey... I likey the shells! But there are a TON to choose from.



I adore it. I highly suggest you get one if you don't already have one. They're totally safe if you follow the bulb-wattage instructions. The only thing I'd see a problem with, is with small children, and their curiosity, I wouldn't want any of them getting hurt, so make sure you put it up high where they can't get to it.

Anyway, here's a few of my favorite tart companies:
Whiff and Sniff Candles
Bizzy B's Candles
Hoffman's Candles Moslty I love this place for its $0.20 cent shipping.

Another thing I discovered maybe 14 months ago is handmade bath and body products. My all time favorite product is Bohemia Bath's Bath Whip. This stuff is TO DIE FOR. Its a thick but lightly whipped product that soaps up like body wash (well, it IS a body wash). But it is truly amazing. I love it in her Peppermint Patty scent. (I just used it an hour ago and I still adore it).

Here's a link to her Etsy store:
Bohemia Bath and Candle

I haven't tried her tarts yet, but her soaps are also amazing. She's very nature-conscious and so her products are made with the best ingredients around. So I would definitely recommend her products. I'd also recommend getting the sample sizes, that way you will have more scents to choose from. :) The Bath Whip is so luxurious it honestly feels like I'm breaking some law when I'm using it. (Especially the Peppermint Patty scent!)

I also like Bobe Bath products. Plus, she's Canadian. ;)

I love this stuff, and I know you will too.

2 comments:

Hayley said...

i like smelly crap. as long as its not literally crap. then me no likey

Maren said...

Try the bath whip. You'll likey. The product itself is not crap. I can not vouch for all the scents, I love me some peppermint patty though, it seems to help wake me up in the mornings too.