Saturday, June 23, 2007

Tomato Plants!

I was evil yesterday, and against the wishes of my lovely husband, I bought two tomato plants. There's this Chinese variety store that I walk past practically EVERY DAY on my way home from the post office, and I've seen these tomato plants grow up from teeny babies to the size they are now... like 2 feet tall. Each plant was $1.50, and had four separate plants in it.

So, we planted them at around 6pm or so, and weren't finished till around 9 when the sun went down and it got "cold" (I'm assuming it was mid to upper 60's). But we got them all planted. They're not adjusting too well today, but they look better now than they did this morning when I may have over-watered them.

I'd take a picture but our batteries aren't holding a charge. I think I shall get new ones from Sam's club this summer when I'm in Utah. We've had the ones we have for a few years now, and I think we're due for a new batch. Or maybe a different charger (the newest one I got is stuck in Buffalo :'( ).

Anyway, no pics of my 'maters just yet. But My back is sore, and my arm is too, so all that hard work can't be wasted. Please pray for my lil' tomatoes, I really want them to live! :)

Oh, we planted some basil (pronounced bay-sul... not bas-ill) too. Our landlord had an extra plant, so he gave it to us.

We're planning on having a BIG Canada Day BBQ so hopefully I can kinda get this house somewhat cleaner... My mother in law is coming to visit. Apparently she has never EVER been to her son's home in the 15 years he's been on his own... So this is a big deal. I just hope she doesn't judge me or my dirty house. lol

Lots to do in less than a week... And 2 days after that is Girls' camp. Oh drama. Hopefully my sickness goes away completely and I'm better able to function. Pray for me (and my tomatoes).

No comments: