Monday, June 4, 2007

Baby Shower Madness!

Yesterday was Brandi's baby shower for Madison. It was a lot of fun, although I was helping out Linda (my Mother In Law (MIL)) the entire time and it wasn't much fun for ME... but I do hope everyone else had fun.

Here are a few pictures for your enjoyment... or maybe just my enjoyment.


Belle helping Brandi with the presents. (Belle is my neice). Look at that little belly poking out. lol She's cute.


She got a TON of presents... Remind me to invite all of Brandi's friends to MY (eventual) baby showers! Man she really got a LOT of gifts.


Guess the baby food (without the labels) game. I actually think someone got all 8 of them right! Amazing.


Brandi, opening cards, presents, etc. I forgot to take a picture of the food, cake and all that, but it was QUITE a spread! If anyone went home hungry, it was their own fault! :)


Baby Madison. She has either a heat rash, or baby pimples... Brandi is taking her to the Doctor's today to find out... Poor thing, she cried and cried for ages during the shower, her other grandma (George's mother) and I took her out in the hall and we fanned her for a good 5 minutes to cool her down. She was absolutely burning up. The pimples or rash or whatever it was on her face got SO much darker, or a brighter pink/red when she was hot. We were able to cool her down a little. That girl just doesn't like wearing clothes! The same thing happened last Wednesday when I took her to the mall. She was WAY too hot, and wouldn't stop crying. I think I would have done much better with her at home, and NOT in the mall on a super hot day. Ah well, I'll be better next time!


The ever-embarassing ribbon hat. Hers turned out quite well, a family friend Shelley made it, and did a great job, considering she didn't have ANY tape! :) Good Job!


My neice Belle. She's Christian's (hubby's younger brother) daughter. She'll be 4 on September 19th.

The Shower was quite nice and I hope everyone had a good time. The hall we'd rented was WAY too hot, and everyone was fanning themselves, no wonder Madison had a cry-fest. :( Overall though, I think everyone had a lovely time. I'm glas its over though, I'd been helping my MIL with the food etc since like 9:30am, and we weren't out of the hall till 5:45pm or so. For my shower, we're just having a fruit tray, a vegie tray, a cheese tray, desserts and some concoxion of mormon punch. (sprite/ginger ale + rainbow sherbert in a punch bowl yum!) :)

One good thing though, I slept like a baby last night, from like 11:30 till 9:30 or so this morning. hehe!

2 comments:

Hayley said...

cute pictures shelley! hopey had a bad case of baby acne - don't worry, it'll go away. and now, hopey's absolutely adorable, too. ;)

Maren said...

Oh I hope it goes away soonly! I want to take some cute pics of that baby! She's absolutely precious (besides the baby acne lol). Thanks hayls!