Monday, June 11, 2007

Welcome Courtney Rose!

Apparently yesterday afternoon, a new addition to our ever-growing family was born (and I just found out an hour ago after talking to mom... I guess I should have read Amy's blog before just now?) Not sure why I'm the last to find out... BUT I have a new neice. :)

Paula (my sister) and Ben welcomed a 9 pound some odd ounce baby girl Courtney Rose into their family yesterday, June 10th. Grandma (my mom) said that Courtney's collar bone was broken, but apparently that's quite common for big babies. I don't know about the rest of you, but once the baby is 6 pounds, get it OUT of me! Like my neice Baby Ella (she's getting so big now!) last August, she was teeny tiny like 6 pounds and a few ounces, and I thought she was just the perfect size. :)

Kudos to you Paula! I don't know if I could do it! I didn't hear how many ounces mom said, I think I fainted when she said 9 lbs!

Anyway, I like how Andrew and Paula have both named their daughters with the middle name Rose. (Ella Rose and now Courtney Rose). Rose was the first name of our Great Grandma on my mom's side (Grandma Velda Palmer's) mother. I just adore that name. If I have ANY say whatsoever in the naming of my daughter (and oh MAN I had BETTER!) Her middle name will also be Rose. The hubby already picked out our future kids' first names (He likes Joshua and Kasia (kah-sh-uh but say it really fast) which means Katherine in Ukranian (i think) which is what his background is...) Anyway, I like Kasia Rose a LOT. Just the other day at our BBQ though, he said he didn't think girls should have middle names. :( I am GOING to fight for it though! And I also like Thomas for a middle name for Joshua. Thomas is the name of our great great great? grandfather also somewhere on my mother's side. But with our last name, it sounds quite regal and I like it a lot. :)

Anyway... Welcome Courtney! Sorry you broke your clavicle! We hope it heals quickly! Welcome to the world! :)

2 comments:

Hayley said...

i've said Kasia a lot in my head. still don't know if i've got it right. ok. i'll keep practicing.

Maren said...

Maybe its more like Kah-sha, I don't know its my honky husband's choice. We're calling her Kat anyway I think. heh