Saturday, June 30, 2007

New Game!

So, my husband has been playing this computer game for like 3 days straight now... I'm feelin' a little neglected... So I ask him "what's the big deal with this game?"

Mind you, we were supposed to have a HUGE Canada Day BBQ tomorrow, and I was supposed to make my Canada Flag Cake, but that's not happening anymore, because 1) I'm too stressed out to handle his mom coming over and seeing our pig-sty of a house 2) I'm still a little sick from 3 weeks ago and 3) My husband's back went out 2 weeks ago, and what needs to be done is taking boxes upstairs, and since I have hideous asthma, I can only take up a box every 10 minutes. lol

So anyway, the BBQ is off, and both of us have been playing this game, him for 3-4 days, me... just over one.

It's at http://www.handdrawngames.com/DesktopTD/game.asp Here's a picture of my current game:


See, the section on the left is the game board, and these little "attack guys" come from the top and the left. (On the easy game, they only come from the left). Their object is to get to the other side. (Same reason the chicken crossed the road.) Your object is to stop them, basically shoot them down. You can make a maze with the guns, and the different weapons on the right.

The thing is, unless you're playing a "fun" game, with unlimited money, its super hard. The cheapest gun is 5 "gold", and they don't do too much damage, unless you click on them and hit U (for upgrade) which also costs "money". For a beginner, I'd suggest playing in "Fun" mode with 10,000 gold, that way you can get a feel for the game, and kick some butt.

That's how I started last night, and then I tried the easy level, beat that, and now I'm working on Medium, and I have yet to even come close to beating that level. I will say though, its an excellent waste of time.

All this in a week before my lesson tomorrow, girls camp, and my trip to the states to get my car. (Tentatively planned for after girls camp, once I get the 2 letters from my mom, which she sent off on Thursday.) I'm so not getting anything done, anytime soon. :)

2 comments:

Hayley said...

i'm not sure my life can handle another completely addicting techy shelley told me about thing. (but you know when i'm "relaxing" tonight - i'll be asking all sorts of questions!

Maren said...

Just to warn you, my husband has been playing this for 4 days now. He says the only thing more addicting than this game, is sunflower seeds, and cigarettes. And he's been trying to quit smoking for at least 10 years now. Just be warned ;). I'm a newbie to this game, but I'll give you pointers if possible!