Thursday, June 7, 2007

Stench no more!

Ok, so for the past month or so, I've been unhappy with my deodorant, so I figured I'd share here.

The last one I had purchased and was happy with was Secret Platinum in a lovely Gardenia scent. Loved it. It worked, AND it made me homesick, gotta love that (in a deodorant no less!)

Anyway... I ran out of that maybe a month and a half ago or so? not sure... but I went through a stupid phase where I tried other ones... Luckily 2 of the 3 others I tried were dollar store ones, and my MIL (mother in law) bought one of them for me... but I'm still upset at the other ones I wasted my money on, especially when I know secret platinum works for me.

The others I tried and hated, were the Dove cool moisture one... it made me smell like cucumbers and or melons... I hated it... and it didn't even work, so it was like BO/melons. not good. (dollar store purchase)

The other one I tried was Degree... Allegedly little black dress approved... Sure, it didn't leave a white residue, but the deodorant didn't work. Maybe I'm just way too stinky for this stuff? No idea. I don't think I ever had a stinkyness issue until recently... And its sooooooo annoying! (another dollar store purchase)

The third one I tried, and was COMPLETELY shocked about, was Mitchum! I'd tried it 7 years or so ago, and it was FINE! I could go 2 days without a shower and still smell FINE! This time around I was stinky within like 3 hours. TOTALLY SUCKY! I still have most of it... (because it was a full-size $4.99 stick). I'm angry at the Mitchum people, because it used to work for me.

I should have never left my lovely Secret. At least with Secret Platinum (I normally get the clear gel), I know the formula is the same, and will always work for me... And with their vast array of scents, I don't have to just be "shower fresh" or unscented all the time. Why did I ever switch? Again, I go back to my stupidity. It must be the reason. Never again shall I depart from Secret. Unless THAT stops working... Then I know I've got real issues, and should see a doctor. lol


Southern Peach... My current deodorant of choice.

Next, I'll probably try Tropical Tango, Arctic Apple, Brazilian Cherry, Eastern Lily, and Vanilla Chai... sounds way too yummy to be somethin' for your armpits. :)

The End. (of my stinky drama!) :)

2 comments:

Hayley said...

i wear dove ultimate clear. i love it. it keeps me stinky free (better than anything else i've ever tried) and it moisturizes my pits. glad you're back to what works for you!

Maren said...

thanks. lol i'm glad dove works for SOMEONE... heh