Thursday, September 6, 2007

Interview Madness!

So. People keep calling me. I guess that's a good thing if these people want to give me a job.

I'm supposed to have a phone interview tomorrow at 9am, but that's with the Apple One people, and their pay rate is like $12 an hour, and I'm not too stoked about that.

I'm meeting with yet ANOTHER Computer recruiter/temp-lady tomorrow afternoon at 2:30, its nearby so I'm ok with that.

Also, the recruiter I interviewed with this morning had a LOT to offer, and she hooked me up with an interview with an actual company for Monday, and they said that was $15 an hour, and that's more like it. :)

I just did a salary comparison with what I was making in San Diego, and they said in order to maintain the same cost of living standards (with what I was making 4 years ago) I'd only have to make like $24k a year... $15 an hour is like 31k a year, and more would always be good. I could pay off credit cards, get my credit level back up, and pay off the rest of our debts! Woohoo!

Maybe I could even go back to school of some sort and get more specialized training, or *something*. I've been thinking about it... Maybe I'll put the hubby through school first. :) It's his dream to go to film school, and I'd like to support that.

That's all the updating I have for today. No new snacks tried or anything too fun. Although I must be a big geek, the possibilities of getting a job, and a GOOD JOB like this, is seriously exciting AND fun to me!

Don't forget to comment on my Fashion Show post. I need to know if you can mix pin-stripes!

5 comments:

Jan said...

I'm crossing everything (fingers, toes, eyes, whatever) and praying hard that it all falls into place for you. As for the pin-stripes question -- I too belong on "What Not to Wear". I keep wondering why Stacy and Clinton haven't accosted me yet! (I have no idea!)

Maren said...

lol, ya know... if my friends and family are ever "gathered together" and there are lights and cameras around, I'll freak out before Stacy and Clinton attack me. I'll yell "Gimmie the visa! you can have my clothes! But not the ones I just got from Natalie and Jan ok?!"

Jan said...

You're cracking me up, Shelley! I'm so glad you liked the clothes - and that we even did OK on the fit! You're the best!

Unknown said...

ooh, i'll say i don't think you can mix pin stripes. unless they're very close to the same, i'd keep them separate. but the jacket can be dressed up with a skirt, or be a nice "dressy casual" outfit with jeans. and yay for all these interviews! fingers crossed!

Maren said...

oooooooOOoOoo I would have never thought to pair the jacket with jeans! What a splendid idea! And thanks for the pinstripe notes. I'm so totally clueless here!