Thursday, September 27, 2007

Paperwork

I just got back from filling in all my paperwork for my new job. Yay! There was a lot, but none of it was what I was really hoping for... A direct deposit form.

Can you believe, they don't have direct deposit?

They don't even have time cards that I can send in online. I have to go to their office at the end of each week and physically drop them off. ugh.

Sucks.

Hopefully I'm really REALLY not with this temp agency for very long. I'd like to be hired on full-time... I'm sure the company that hired me is more up-to-date than that! I really really don't want to have to get ANOTHER bank account in this area just so I can cash my checks. I haven't had to physically cash a check for like 13 years for a job... When I worked at the PCC when I was 15! *sigh*

Also, I'm feeling a little sickly today. My nose is runny, and my throat hurts. My hubby makes a killer "potion" for colds, I wish I had some... He puts cayenne pepper, ginger, honey, ACV (apple cider vinegar), mint extract (for taste), and some other things... mixes it up, makes me drink it, and it really helps! Man I miss him. Instead though, I've been drinking Echinacea Tea, but its not strong enough... (nothing is compared to hubby's medications). So I just went to Wal-Mart (its cheapest there) and got some Nyquill/Dayquill liqui-gels and some Vitamin C. I hope it helps. ASAP.

Mom says that when my Grandma starts feeling sick, she takes a Vitamin C (with rose hips) every hour. My Grandma will be 93 in 2 days, so she's got to be doing something right... right? :) You gotta love her. I'm glad I got to see her at Dave's wedding 2 months ago. :)

Speaking of David, Today is his birthday, so Happy Birthday to the Dave. Love ya lil' brothah!

And Happy birthday Google. too. lol They're 9. Amazing how they've almost accomplished world-domination in only 9 short years. wow. Dave, you better get crackin'!

7 comments:

Jan said...

Direct deposit is one of those things you don't think about unless you don't have it -- I hate it that you have to make all those trips back and forth -- and then to the bank too. Seems somewhat behind the times not to have DD! (that does not refer to bra size!! haha! -- although it could be true in that context too!) Get feeling better!

Maren said...

HA! Jan you're a riot! Why wouldn't they be able to do direct deposit? It absolutely frustrates me! Now I'll have to open probably two MORE accounts, so I can send money to the hubby easier. *sigh* Such a pain in the neck!

Jori said...

That is strange. DD seems like an easy thing to get(for a bra size and banking:) I hope you LOVE your new job!

Hayley said...

oh - the pcc. i miss that place. and i can't believe they don't have direct deposit at your new job. and i'm sorry you're missing your husband! that's gotta stink! mix yourself his potion! hope you feel better!

Unknown said...

feel better soon! and congrats on getting rolling at the new job!

Hayley said...

have you ever read to kill a mockingbird before? that's my all time favorite book - hope you enjoy it, if its the first or 100th time! i've been wanting to read it again lately.

Maren said...

You know... I thought I did read it before... Like in 10th grade... but it was required, and that was when I really didn't like to read...

So... I'm treating it like the first time I'm reading it. :) So far so good!