Saturday, September 1, 2007

$0.97 cents!

So, last night at JCPenny's we kind of had a hay day! Shara was looking around for clothes, and was getting quite discouraged, so she handed ME the $50.00 gift certificate, and I nearly got those dollar signs in my eyes like the cartoons...



Anyway, for the first while I was shopping in the way wrong section. I should have been in the petite section the whole time. I'm 5'4" and quite short-waisted, so all the tops I was trying on in the normal section were WAY too long on me. Not good.

I didn't find anything I loved in the normal section, so we wandered over to the winter coats (I hate when I see coats in the stores, it means winter is coming :( I hate that.) Shara needed a coat, and found herself wandering in that section, and apparently beyond. She walked herself right into the Swimsuit clearance section. She has a tankini that she loves and has had for like 3 years, but this past summer, the bottoms stretched out like 3 inches, the nylon/spandex swim suit material finally gave up the ghost, may it rest in peace. So Shara tried on a TON of tops and bottoms, most of which were really modest, and she ended up getting 3 tankini tops and 4 bottoms. THEY WERE $1.97 EACH! So she's set for like the next 10 years with bathing suits.

AND I got one too! There wasn't a tag on it, AND it needs a few repairs and an adjustment, but because it was damaged, I got it for $.97 cents! NINETY-SEVEN CENTS! WOOHOO! That's a good deal, even if I have to sew it!


Isn't that awesome? I got that for 97 cents! I have green bottoms at home, but no one ever sees them anyway, because I always wear my surfer shorts when I go swimming. :D

After all those suits, Shara also found a comfy orangy/pink flowered shirt which was $2.97, and some khaki shorts (her big spendy item) for $6.97. So we had like $25 bucks left over on that card, and she told me I could get one of my tops for "work" (I'm really hoping I get a job soon!) So I did. It's really cute, and I love it.


I could wear that with practically anything. It's really cute on me. THAT was the biggest spendy item, while it was on sale, it was still $17.99 but I'll definitely get my use out of it, even for church.

So I'm quite pleased with all our purchases, and I know Shara is too. Best of all, it was all made possible with a gift certificate her boss. (So its like its free!) :D WOOHOO! :)

4 comments:

Jan said...

Oh, I love a good shopping day like that at Penney's! Natie and I have had great shopping time there too -- you just have to get lucky and be willing to paw through stuff. I'm glad you found great bargains! Love it!

Jori said...

You SCORED!!! I can't tell you how happy a great deal makes me.

Maren said...

We totally scored! Shara is like a size 6 and the complete opposite of me in the chest department... But the tankini tops she found accentuated what she had and THEN some, so she was SO happy! We had like 6 bux left over on the gift card even! Such fun!

Unknown said...

that rocks! i love it when i wander in a the right moment. it's so exciting.