Thursday, September 20, 2007

Grrr!

We interrupt packing and stressing about Boston to bring you the latest international financial news...

The Canadian Dollar has officially passed up the US Dollar.

1.00 USD = 1.00053 CAD
1.00 CAD = 0.999474 USD

This is hideous. :( No wonder we're so much poorer now than we were 4 years ago!

I had earlier posted about the currency exchange rates, and how I was annoyed at how its changed... Take a minute to read that post will ya? What the heck has happened?

So very frustrating for those of us doing business and spending money in two currencies.

3 comments:

Jan said...

Wow!! Man, I remember the good old days when I would take my American dollars with me to Canada and make a killing -- no more. However -- I also remember as a kid going from Canada down into the US and the Canadian dollar being worth more -- so I guess maybe it's about time? Sigh. It's hard when you're used to making money when you take your US $$ to Canada.

Jori said...

Sorry Shelley! I have been watching the exchange rates too. I wanted to buy some stuff off of amazon canada. guess it won't do me much good now.

Maren said...

It just means we have to work twice as hard for our USD... Funny though, the USD is the only one falling, and hard. The other countries' currencies aren't hurting as much as the USD is.