Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I must be dreaming...

So. I have a phone interview with Geico in 45 minutes. They have a big call center here, and I applied 2-3 weeks ago... I don't even remember when.

Anyway, you'd figure I'd have dreams about that last night. Or my English test on Saturday... Not so. What do I end up dreaming about? Blogging. Yup. I'm officially either addicted, crazy, need a life, or D, All of the above. (Seriously, I think it's D.)

I saw these adorable wallets yesterday (made by db clay), from the Treehugger website. Seriously, I want one. They're made from a material called Tope, which is an eco-friendly replacement for leather and vinyl etc. I meant to post about them yesterday, because they are oh, so adorable, but I didn't get around to it. Just look at them! (Click it, it'll go bigger, or just click that dbclay link to visit their site.)


So... Now you're asking... why did Shelley dream about wallets?

Well. It wasn't just about the wallets, and forgetting to blog them. I dreamed that Natalie had beat me to it. I dreamed that not only did she blog about it, but she got one! And I was so super jealous in my dream! You would not believe how real it seemed. I think my subconscious picked Natalie because she always looks so put together, and that circle necklace is totally fabulous and trendy. I subconsciously figured she needs this wallet I guess. I'd like one... but I am still a bit happy with my Sugar Daddy wallet. ;) Besides, I'd rather pay a dollar for my wallet and get some bonus candy with it anyway... The dbclay wallets start at $48 bucks, and I just can't fathom that. BUT they are environmentally friendly... and for that reason, I guess its a plus.

Anyway... 3 days till Boston! 30 minutes till my Geico phone interview! I'll post an update later. As if anything could keep me away! ;)

10:10am Update: The phone interview went ok. My heart just isn't quite into being an Insurance representative though. I really REALLY want that IT Position. :( I do love Geico as a company though. (HATE the cavemen, but I love the gecko). We shall see. *sigh*

10:44am Update: I just called my recruiter for that Luvata job, and they pretty much said I'm not a good fit for the job, because eventually (ages down the road from now) I'll be wanting to live with my husband again in Canada... a whole whopping hour away. And since this position is an on call position 24x7, I'd maybe (maybe once a month they said) have to come in on the weekend, and do some support. Not that I couldn't come in from Canada... Heck, I'm not even allowed into Canada right now, I don't know why that's such a big deal. :( Man this sucks. I really really wanted that job! Back to the drawing board I guess. :(

7 comments:

Jan said...

I'm with you, Shelley -- much rather pay a dollar for a cheap wallet and have some $$ left for some treats! Good luck on the jobs - glad the phone interview went well but I want the other one for you too!

Maren said...

Looks like that won't happen... I just updated that post a few minutes ago. They want me living closer than an hour away in Hamilton. :( Looks like I won't be getting it after all. :(

Jan said...

Dang!!! OK, time for more prayers, I guess!

Maren said...

Next time I'll be keeping the weekend wife information to myself. :| I seriously talk too much. :-\

Jori said...

Sorry about the job, hopefully something even better will come a long soon. I dream about blogging too. We're all a little crazy aren't we? Love the wallets very cute. I just bought that link necklace. I LOVE it.!

Unknown said...

that is the funniest thing i've ever heard!!! i'm so flattered that you're dreaming about me! :) sorry about the job. back to the drawing board indeed. the right thing is out there. i'll keep praying.

Maren said...

That's what Shara said... It just wasn't meant to be. (I just wish someone would have told ME that before I got my little hopes up too high!)