Wednesday, September 12, 2007

They really LIKE me!

It is barely 11am, and already, my day has been MADE!

I got a call back this morning from my computer staffing people about that job I interviewed with on Monday... Luvata Buffalo Inc. wants me to come back tomorrow at 11:30am for an interview with their IT Manager! YAY! (His name is Jamie, I'll try not to laugh... OR mention that that is my sister's name...)

I'm so excited and also a little nervous! They like me! I must have said something good! They said it's temp to perm, but they have no idea when the budget will allow for that perm position to open up. I'd just be hoping for a temp to not-temp-with-the-agency-anymore position...

Shara works for a skilled tradesmen (welders and other men-jobs that require steel-toed boots) type staffing agency, and she said that most of the time, the agency gets like $30.00 an hour for having placed the worker with the job. That's $30.00 an hour ON TOP of what the worker is actually getting paid (usually a lot less... like $20 an hour or whatever). Oh the horror!

I'm wondering how much my temp agency gets paid now... Assuming, of course, they do actually place me in this job. I hope its not $30.00 an hour! Goodness!

Anyway! I'm so so so so happy! A call back for a 2nd interview! Hurrah! :D

Then, tomorrow at 4:30pm, I'm getting my hair cut, and about 10 inches donated to Locks of Love. My niece Brianna donated her hair back in February, and ever since then, I have thought I wanted to do the same thing. My hair currently, is down past my strap line, and because I'm so short waisted, it's about 3 inches above my waist... which honestly, those two measuring points are quite close together... lol

Anyway, there's a lady in my ward in Hamilton, who recently found out she has ovarian cancer, so I'm "dedicating" this donation to her. She is such an awesome lady, almost a Martha Stewart type, but she's full of more loving and kindness... It's hard to describe her. Back when she found out, she somehow announced it during Testimony meeting, and I went up to her afterward and asked her if she wanted MY hair... She looked into it, and found out it was super expensive to have one made, so she got one elsewhere (which really REALLY looks JUST like her real hair did)... So, the best I can do now, is donate it on her behalf. :)

I just kind of wish the two appointments were switched. I can not WAIT for my new hair! Tomorrow will surely be an exciting day! :D woohoo!

10 comments:

Logan said...

Good luck with the interview Shelley! And make sure to post a pic of your new 'do. I'm so jealous, I've been dying to cut my hair for over a year now, and I still have to wait another week! I'd like to donate mine as well, but, unfortunately, it's not long enough... oh well

Maren said...

I'll totally post pics! It'll be the highlight of my whole week (unless they offer me this job!) Post pics of YOUR hair next week too! I love a good hair cut. It's almost like getting a makeover.

Jan said...

Yay for the job interview! Of course they like you - how could they not??? I'm praying hard and crossing everything for you. And I too want pics of the hair - can't wait to see! What a neat thing for you to do for someone else. Love it.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

CONGRATS and the interview, and I will be saying a prayer for you during your second interview! :) I'm sure they'll love you! I am so stoked to see your hair, too. I think it is going to look great on you ... really highlight your gorgeous face. :)

Holly O. said...

I am so excited for you! Good luck at the interview and I can't wait to see the new hair.

Jori said...

Hooray! Good luck with your interview. I think that is SO cool that you are donating your hair. That is going to make somebody so happy.

Heather said...

That's cool on donating your hair, that is a cool thing. I can't wait to see your new "do". Congrats on the 2nd interview!! Way to go.

Jan said...

Hair pictures, Shelley!! We want to see!!! And we want an update on the interview too. I"m dying here - help me out!

Anonymous said...

Construction Staffing, Skilled Tradesmen, and Skilled Construction Workers is the specialty of Grus Construction Personnel - International

Staffing the Construction Industry for over 20 years

Grus Construction Personnel can handle your busy project and give you the online tools to manage your Skilled Trades and Construction workers

http://www.gruspersonnel.com