Saturday, September 15, 2007

Fun Saturday.

This morning, Valerie and I woke up at around 8:30am, got ready, and headed out to Soccer. Shara and Dan were in Canada helping his mom pack. She's moving about an hour and a half closer to them, and 10 minutes away from Dan's brother. Good times.

The weather was like 60 degrees, a light misty rain was falling, and it was SUPER windy, so my hair was all over the place, and of course, I was wearing my pyramid slippas', as all my covered toe shoes are in Hamilton. I was freezing. I even borrowed one of Dan's jackets, and I still froze. I swear, I complain if its colder than 75 and warmer than 88. lol

Anyway, My hair was not loving the fact that I washed it after it was so perfectly cut and styled. It's giving me issues. I'm hoping it'll relax in 2 weeks or so... Not good. see?


I am so not amused in this picture. Hair everywhere. ugh.

Valerie had fun though... She was doing cartwheels while she should have been playing soccer... She's 7 though, so that's fine...



She had a blast though. Even though her team didn't win.



She's a cutie. When she wants to be anyway.

She had a rough few days, tantrums, crying, you name it. When Dan and Shara left, they put me in charge, and boy did I ever take over. I made her earn every little reward there was. Friday after school, I made her clean for 2 hours. We vacuumed the whole house. And she even went to bed without crying. I was very happy about that.

Today we had a great time at soccer, and afterwards, we went to Build a Bear to spend her gift certificate. She earned that too. She ended up getting the Purrincess Kitty, and she named her Pinky. Because, shocker, shock... the cat is pink.


She even went to bed tonight without a hassle. It was quite lovely. I just hope she can keep it up for her parents. She has quite the set of lungs on her and some nights she just cries and cries! It's awful and I have a new respect for Shara and Dan as parents. Wow.

After build a bear, we watched High School Musical. Can I just say, how utterly cute I thought this movie was? Shara had it on her DVR, so I thought we'd watch it. (Does anyone know when high school musical 2 is supposed to be on the Disney Channel next??? lol) It ended 10 min. before 8 (Valerie's bedtime), so we quickly got her in the shower, and in bed. She's such a girly girl. There was this mini spider minding its own business on her wall 10 feet away from her bed, and she called me up to "take care of it". I caught it in a water bottle (seriously, legs and all was smaller than a water bottle opening. lol) THEN she was finally able to sleep. Silly girl.

Anyway... That was my day... I also finished listening to Twilight. (You heard me... I didn't read it. :) I got other stuff done while I had it read to me. It's like I'm a princess, and my mp3 player does my bidding and reads to me... That's what was in my ear at the soccer game pic above.) Fun day indeed, but I'm a little tired now. :) Build a bear is such a fun idea. I doubt I'd go there without a gift certificate though, man those bears are pricy! Anyway, I've gotta get some sleep, lots to do tomorrow. eBay inventory and such. Gotta get rent money again... doesn't look like I'll have a paycheck by october 1st. *sigh* I wish they'd call me back and give me that job already! I can't tell you how much I want it! I guess I'd better keep praying. :)

2 comments:

Traeger Tribe said...

Your hair is soooo cute! I love the cut and style :D

Jan said...

Really, I think your hair looks cute in this pic too! You're just dang cute! And yay for you to be the substitute Mama - you're doing a great job!