Thursday, September 20, 2007

Boston...

So... I'll be leaving for Boston in the morning. Not driving my car anymore. The hubby talked me into renting a car, so I just reserved one. It'll cost around $70.00 for the rental, but the gas money it'll save me should be at least $60.00 round trip PLUS the maintenance on my old '97 Jeep would probably be a LOT on a trip like this. Shara said she saw (wow, say that 10 times fast...) anti-freeze dripping from my car the other day. So its probably best that I rent a car, and stay in a hotel.

I'll still be able to go to the bank, and do all my little errands before my test Saturday... I just really hope the test doesn't take ALL DAY. AND I really hope it doesn't completely drain my head out... I just always get so nervous taking tests. Even though, this is probably the easiest test I'll ever have to take. Here's the test day schedule:

"8:15 am: Registration.

9:00 - 12:15 pm: Listening (30 min), Reading (60 min), and Writing (60 min) Modules.

There will not be any breaks during the morning session. Candidates will remain in their seats until the end of the Writing Module.

12:20 - 5:00 pm: Speaking (11-14 minutes) Module: Interview at a pre-assigned time slot.

Saturday speaking appointments will be randomly allocated after the morning session has started. A candidate can be scheduled anytime between 12:20 and 5:00 pm. It is not possible to re-order or change these appointments."

So who knows when I'll have time to eat or be a human on Saturday. I better not have a large breakfast. An apple should probably do it. I just hope I don't have a 4:50pm appointment for the speaking part. If its alphabetical by last name I'll scream. That's one thing I always hated about being a Smith. We were always called last, or pretty darn close to it. I hope its random at least.

Anyway... I'll be taking off around 9am at the latest tomorrow morning. I got a good night's sleep tonight, so I'll be ok waking up early tomorrow AND Saturday. Since I'm renting a car, now the only worry is what cd's I should bring... I have an mp3 player in my Jeep, so usually I just burn like 5 albums on a cd... I doubt the rental will be that cool. We shall see. I don't know why I get so nervous... I'm a born worrier like my mother I guess. :) I'm off to pack my lunches :) Have a beautiful weekend! See ya on Sunday (I guess).

5 comments:

Pepper said...

Good luck on your test and have a safe trip to Boston! I totally understand the S last name thing, so I married someone with an A last name. LOL. Though that meant I could never be late to class. :D

Jan said...

You'll be great, Shelley! I know you will. I'm so glad you're renting a car and getting a hotel -- I was worried about you and now I won't so much. Drive safely and we'll keep our prayers going for you.

Hayley said...

good luck - be safe - eat your wheaties!

Unknown said...

best o' luck! you'll be great!

Maren said...

Thanks gals! I'm off to bed. :) Night!