Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Fantastic News!

This morning, I woke up a little sad and depressed about not getting that other job, and around 11 or so this morning, I get a call from one of the temp agencies I had signed up with, asking me if I was interested in a position that starts Monday. "HECK YES I am!"

So, she called me back a few minutes later asking me if I could go interview with them today. My interview was at 2pm, and it went fabulously!

I called my recruiter when I got home and she said that she had just gotten off the phone with them and THEY WANT ME! :-D


I'm so excited! And I just can't hide it!

I've just got to do a drug test in the morning and I'm IN. I'll pass unless it involves a number 2 pencil... ;)

The company is sort of a global IT solutions company that basically becomes THE IT support for their client company. It's an ingenious idea, really. I think I'm really REALLY going to like working there. AND the best part is, It's Monday through Friday ONLY. I can be a weekend wife! (assuming I'm actually allowed into Canada any time soon...) WOOHOO!

AND AND AND! They said that there is opportunity for certifications that THEY pay for. If you're a computer geek, these are pretty much as good as a masters' degree... (not that a PHD wouldn't also be helpful... but you get the point... I hope...)

I start on Monday! WOOHOO!

9 comments:

Hayley said...

yay shells prayers are being answered! that rocks!

Maren said...

I know! I was just chatting with you yesterday and I was soooo bummed out about not having a job by now! :-D I'm so excited!

Jori said...

Hooray!!!!!! Congratulations!!

rs said...

Hooray hooray and a huge CONGRATULATIONS!
Its always darkest before the dawn!
Love ya,
Mom

Unknown said...

YES! i'm so so so happy for you! that's the best news ever!

Holly O. said...

That is such fabulous news!!! Go for all the extra training they'll dish out!

Maren said...

I'm so excited about it! I won't work weekends, or be on call! It is paying slightly less than that other job, but I feel like its a better fit for me, and I'm so so excited! :D lol I keep saying that don't I? hehe!

Jan said...

Great news! I'm so happy for you too! Wish I could take you to lunch to celebrate! (notice how it's all about food with me??) Anyhow, yay for you!

Maren said...

I'd never turn down a lunch with any of you lovely gals! It would be totally fun! :) Its really ok if its all about the food with me! hehe