Thursday, September 6, 2007

The Fashion Show!

I'm up early today. I wanted to post pictures of my new wardrobe before showering and heading out to my interview. These clothes will surely knock 'em dead. It's super exciting (well, for me anyway! I haven't had clothes this nice since I was like 4).

Natalie and Jan are so totally awesome. They sent me a HUGE box FULL of NEW clothes! NEW! I feel so so so spoiled right now! Without
further adieu I'd like to present, my NEW wardrobe!

I didn't try everything on, and I definitely didn't take pictures of me IN the clothes, the Desrosiers only have one full-length mirror and its in the bathroom closet door, so its very awkward to take a picture of myself and get a good one... I'll see if I can get pictures taken though of me actually wearing these spiffy clothes... Don't you worry.

First up in the Shelley's Fall Fashion Show of 2007 is the lovely pinstripe jacket. Very versatile, very chic. ;)


Ooh la la! (Question though... can you mix pin-stripes? Could I wear these with my pants? I'm entirely clueless about clothes, and I think I should be considered for What Not to Wear. Comments are welcome!)

Next up are my 3 new tops. I'm super excited about these! They look awesome! (I've so far tried two of them on, and they fit me PERFECTLY! Such a hard thing to do on the top of me! hah!)







How adorably fun are these tops? Lemme tell ya how awesome Natalie and Jan are at shopping... I don't normally pick tops like the last one, because the line that goes UNDER the chest... NEVER makes it all the way under on me... (NEVER). This one, it actually does! I'm so excited! It fits like a glove! The other two tops are totally professional, yet fun enough to wear to church. I honestly feel like I just got a makeover! Words can not express how thankful I am right now. :)

On to the skirts! :D The skirts I got are so totally fun, versatile, and SUPER comfy! I'm loving them! Take a gander at these babies!



I love how this skirt is so flowy! I'm wearing it today with the red and black top. :D



This one, I love a lot. There's an under-skirt type thing, and it just looks great!


Cute tiny polka-dotted skirt. Very versatile, and very cute.


This one looks totally fun, and very in style. I saw a girl at church with a very similar skirt last week.

Yes. I am spoiled, and so very blessed.





Edited at 11:04am to add:

My interview went fabulous! My temp-rep-lady Debbie was considering a bunch of other positions for me as well, if this one on Monday falls through. I don't know why I didn't go to a computer people staffing agency first! DUH Shelley! Anyway, I'm super cute, confident, and I think I made a really great impression in person! (Thanks to my spiffy clothes!) The skirt is so comfy, I almost don't want to change out of it! hah! That's a first! (I'm usually the first one changed back into pants after church.) I can't wait to get my hair cut. :D

8 comments:

Jori said...

That just made me want to go shopping SO bad! How cute! Natalie and Jan did do a great job. That is all just fabulous stuff! Hooray!

Maren said...

It is SUPER fabulous! I wasn't expecting everything to be new! I'm so spoiled! Like a kid in a candy store almost! hehe!

Traeger Tribe said...

Hey Shelley - I can't believe I found you (I wasn't looking) but was just looking at other peoples' blogs... It's Becky from Don Valley Ward!

Some friends of friends of ours must know each other - this is hilarious! Ok - you have to tell me how you've been. It's been over a year now hasn't it?

Maren said...

Holy moly Becky! I'm so going to check out your blog! I'm doing great! Yeah, it has been over a year! Are you guys back in Arizona? Drop me a line hawaiianshells (at) gmail dot com :D

Jan said...

Yay for a great interview!! I'm so happy about all of it for you.

Unknown said...

yay for a good interview! and i'm so happy you like the clothes. i'm sure you're a beaut in them!

Holly O. said...

Very very cute. Lucky girl! WHy is nobody commenting about the pinstripes? I would say no on mixing them though. Anyone else want to weigh in?

Maren said...

Natalie commented about them in the next post... she said no mixing them either. I don't think I will. (Unless its Halloween or something)