Friday, August 31, 2007

Not much

Nope, not much going on at all in my neck of the woods. I prepared and mailed off 23 eBay packages today before 5pm, and thank heaven, we've got our rent, and maybe a few bills covered too. yay!

That's what eBay nightmares bring I guess. :) So its not all bad.

Still no word from the temp agency yet. I'm thinking I'll get a Sunday paper and peruse the want ads.

Yesterday I finished the whole bag of Turtles Chex Mix and now I want more (and more, and more...) Seriously, if you like chocolate at ALL, or even sweet caramel, you'll love the Turtles Chex mix. I also finished off a whole box of Crunch n Munch today too. I'm such a piggie. I'll be back into my fat girl jeans in no time flat I guess. lol kidding... (I seriously hope I'm kidding anyway!) I do have my bike here too, so maybe I can go for a ride on that sometime. Valerie (Shara's 7y/o daughter) learned how to ride a 2 wheel bike this summer, so maybe we can ride to the park sometime.

Otherwise, that's all that's going on here. We're going to Shara's office to clean it in a few minutes. She gets paid lots extra for that, and I don't mind helping, especially since so far, I've stayed here rent-free. :)

They're going to Canada this weekend, so I'll be home mostly alone. They have a chocolate lab named Shyanne, but she's pretty much a lazy dog, so it should be pretty stress-free.

Shara has a gift card from her boss for JCPenny's so we're probably going there after we clean to see what we can spend it on. WooHoo!

5 comments:

Jan said...

Enjoy your quiet time -- you know it won't stay that way once your immigration woes are all ironed out. Sleep, read, watch TV -- you could even go bike riding -- just enjoy yourself while it lasts.

Unknown said...

mmm, i'd like to share some of those snacks.

Hayley said...

wow - those people are so nice to let you stay with them! that's awesome.

Maren said...

They really are. I feel like I have some kind of kindred bond with Shara, like we could have been sisters in another life. It's very comfortable, and I feel very welcomed and loved here.

Jan said...

What a lovely way for them to make you feel -- good friends for sure.