Thursday, August 9, 2007

What is wrong with my Jeep?

So... This morning, the "car guy" from the Desrosiers' ward came over. We took the battery out (it was dead again), and took that as well as the starter from the scrap yard over to Advance Auto Parts, and they tested them both for free. The starter worked great. The battery, however, did not. It wasn't creating a clear connection. The battery post was loose, and practically corroded all the way through, no amount of cleaning could fix that thing.

Sucks that it has a 5 year warranty from a store in Canada (its only 3 years old)... *sigh* So, instead of getting $5.00 back by turning in my old one (I bought a new/cheap battery) I'm keepign it so I can get a good one whenever I *do* make it back to Canada and Canadian Tire. *nother sigh*

So, we switch out the battery (well Ray did it, I just watched). Tried it, it didn't work. We even re-juiced up the battery with a charger, tried it, and nada.

So, Ray continues to switch out the starter. And I go to turn the key once that has been done, and again, I get absolutely nothing. Not even a coughing car. NOTHING. It is completely dead. DEAD.

Ray says he thinks it's the computer, but why the heck would a computer in the car die from 10 months of it just sitting there? NO IDEA. And then he said it'd probably cost a thousand bucks. (yeh right, like I have *that* kind of money!)

Shara thinks its the Alternator. I think I need a 2nd opinion, a professional one too. Maybe I should get a job while I'm down here... blah! I'll just be finishing up the inventory list so we can figure out what to sell from the stuff we have here.

Poor little Jeephicle. :(

4 comments:

Hayley said...

crap shelley - this all sucks!!! i don't know what to tell you!

Hayley said...

and, what is facebook? i've been hearing about it lately... never seen it. put a link of your facebook & myspace page up. i wanna check them out ;)

Holly O. said...

How much longer are you going to wait around for the Jeep? What a bummer!

Maren said...

No more waiting! it's FIXED! YAY!

Here's my myspace: http://www.myspace.com/hawaiianshells

And I don't know how to link you to facebook, so I sent you an invitation Hayls... *shrug* :) It's all good.