Monday, August 27, 2007

Taking care of business

That's what I've been doing lately. Here's what I've done since Friday night when I got the bad news.

1) Filled out my IELTS English Test application off to Boston with 2 passport pictures, $155 bucks (thanks mom), and sent that off Express so they'll get it tomorrow by 3pm. I called them today, and they said they have a few spots left for the test on September 22nd. (That would just be AMAZING if I were to get one of those spots! The sooner the better people!) So if you're praying, pray I get the Sept. 22nd test! And then the results are sent 13 days after that. So I'm really pulling for that 22nd date!

2) I re-registered with AppleOne, the temp agency I registered with last September. I took the typing tests and got over 10000 keystrokes per hour, which is pretty darn fast if you ask me. So my job hunter lady is quick at work to place me in whatever she can. :D

3) I also registered with geico. They have a HUGE call center in Buffalo, and I think I'd be very well suited for that. So we shall see.

4) I'm also keeping up with eBay, mailing out all kinds of makeup and hopefully we'll have our rent by the end of the week. :) *fingers crossed*

5) I've realized it takes like an hour to fully blog-stalk everyone, and leave comments. :)

Um... Other than that, there's not much going on. If I do get a job anytime soon, I'll probably be going to the Salvation Army to get some cheap skirts or something, as all my other skirts are in Canada. *le sigh*

I talked to the hubby for a good long time today, and he's surviving without me. I feel bad, because I'm the reason we're renting a whole house, which is slightly more expensive that what we "need". Neither of us, on our own needs a big old house, just a room is fine, so part of my working moolah (hopefully I get some sort of job soon) will go to rent and bills. Maybe I'll finally be able to pay tithing too. It's been a while since I've had a job I can call my own. :)

That's all from Buffalo! Thanks for tuning in campers!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

sounds like you're making some progress! i'm still so sorry that you're stuck, but it sounds like you have a great plan in action. i will pray for your specific date to fall into place. and if you'll send me your address and size, i will seriously MAIL you some skirts! i am not kidding.

Jan said...

I'm impressed with your attitude. You have pulled it together and are doing the best you can with what you have to work with. Yay for you. I'm proud of you, Shelley. And I"m with Natalie -- we will go together and get you some skirts and get them mailed if you'll send the info. (we'll even pick out something cute! Kristi likes my skirts - -maybe you will like my skirt taste too!) Hang in there. This will work out - -we will pray it into being!

Maren said...

Wow! Are you guys serious? I think the hard part is putting together "outfits" with the t-shirts I have here, which aren't many. Black, White, Green, Orange (my fave), orange/pink/white stripes... I'll have to do a little inventory. I'll email you tomorrow Natalie! Thank you so so much! I really don't deserve all this. I hope it all works out, I'm so thankful for friends like you who'll pray for me! That's what counts!

Jan said...

Shelley we are totally serious -- we are hitting the stores tomorrow to get some skirts! Natie says she has your information -- and we will see what you think of our shopping skills!!