Thursday, August 16, 2007

Flop

Yep, that's what this week's trip to Buffalo has been. A flop. I should have brought our GOOD camera down here to take pictures of all this makeup. Did I? no. Why? I don't know!

I have the old crappy camera here, It takes blue pictures with a blue picnic-table-cross-hatch thing going on. See:


The best picture this camera was able to take is this one, probably...


So I went ahead and used it on my auction. The hubby says they won't sell for nearly as much as they should. See, the key to eBay is beautiful pictures, and beautiful auctions. Are you more likely to buy something with a crappy picture and 2 words of description? Or something with a picture that tells you you MUST have it, with a description of the product that the retail stores use (which is usually what I do).

So, I'm all depressed aobut this crappy camera. BUT, the Desrosiers are making a trip to Montreal this weekend, and I'm hitching a ride to Hamilton. They said they could pick me up on the way back too. Excellent. It saves me gas money (Something my husband can be happy about), I'll be able to bring Sasha cat her medication, I'll be able to bring the camera back with me, and in my humble opinion, the most important thing... I'll be able to go to our new Chapel's dedication service. (I even have a ticket to sit in a cushy seat!) Elder M. Russell Ballard will be there. Very exciting. This time last year, our branch was just a tiny little branch in the basement of a government health building. (Heck, we were still that just in April of THIS year)... Then we moved into our new building (right downtown) in May, we were "upgraded" to a ward, our boundaries were increased, and now we're having a dedication. Very exciting. I think the Open House will be in a month or two. Not sure.

Anyway, I should probably find out if I'm teaching on Sunday or not. :)

I'm also making some zucchini bread today. Shara bought some large and in charge zucchinis yesterday. I've only used a half of one big one so far, and its made 2 big loaves... well, almost. Hopefully that works out ok. They're in the oven right now. I've posted the recipe on my recipe box blog for your convenience. There is like 3 teaspoons of cinnamon in it, 2 cups of sugar, 3 c. flour, and 2 c. zucchini... It seems like it'll be a sweet/spicy-type bread. Fun stuff!

2 comments:

Holly O. said...

Shoot. Those are blue pictures! At least you get to hitch a ride home.

Maren said...

Yeah, hopefully I can hitch a ride back before too long... Their plans changed. Instead of going back Sunday night, they're going back Saturday. So I've gotta find another way back to Buffalo next week. I think the earliest they'll be back is Tuesday or Wednesday. *sigh*