Saturday, August 11, 2007

Jeep is fixed!

And I am now in Canada! Just in time to go to Festival of Friends! (Our family tradition ;))

You're dying to know what it was right?

It was a retarded fuse.


A freaking two dollar fuse! ($1.98 + tax)



This is a pic of one just like mine. Dan got his multimeter out and tested all the fuses under the hood. His son was even upside down in the passenger seat to reach the fuse box under the dash there. This yellow one (#20) was bad, so we replaced it and vroom vroom vroom! The car starts up! yey!

For my own peace of mind, I also took my starter into the Advance Auto Parts store and had them test it, and it was bad... So the $60 I spent on that wasn't a waste. If I wanted I could get $10.00 back for it. Not sure what Jon wants to do with it yet. It might be worth more up here if we recycled it for its metal, its freakin' heavy. So who knows.

Anyway, the Jeep is back in Canada, crossing the border was a whiz (Although, I kind of decided to go back to the states Monday and sell that box of makeup while I'm down there. It'll take more than a week, but I figure its only 80 miles, and I can come home on weekends, right? Not sure how that'll work, but the Desrosiers (Dan & Shara) have been MORE than welcoming to me, and I really do feel like I have a place in their home. (Someone called yesterday and asked me what "my dad's" fax number was... meaning Dan... He's only 44, not quite my dad people. I guess I still sound like I'm 9 years old on the phone. (This worries me, for my English test for Immigration, there's a verbal section. I hate verbal sections.)

So, now I've gotta go get ready for the festival/fair thingy! All is well I suppose!

Thanks for your positive thoughts, good vibes, and especially your prayers! ;) They're greatly appreciated. I'm glad I'm home. What an ordeal and a stress-out this past week has been. I'm so glad it didn't cost thousands to fix! :D

Next thing we need is to replace the front windshield, it has a big ol' crack in it from Easter 2005, and we've never fixed it. A rock pelted the car driving from Toronto to Hamilton to visit his family for Easter. Sucks. After that, we'll get a new paint job. The clear-coat is peeling off and it looks like one of those rust-bucket cars in Hawaii. Pathetic.


see? :(

Not to mention the little blemish in the fiberglass from my accident 2 years ago... oopsie!


Pretty bad huh.

Oh well, I still love this car. Love.

The feeling of driving again was so exhilarating just driving and being on the road again. I opened up my sun roof and cranked up the radio and sang SO LOUD! It was great. :) I'm a happy kid.

Also, more good news. I ate my tomato. It was red red red! And it was amazing. I split it with Jon and it was probably the best tomato I've ever had in my life. Sorry I didn't take a pic for ya, but it was too tempting for me to wait any longer. I hugged the hubby hello, and ate a tomato, then I unpacked the car. :) There's just something about eating something you grew yourself ya know? Good stuff!

That's all for now! Thanks again everyone! :-D

4 comments:

Hayley said...

ah shelley! i'm so glad you're home, car is fixed & fairly cheaply, too!!! yippee!!! what a relief!

Maren said...

I know! YAY! :D I'm so happily excited you have NO idea! :D It feels so great driving again.

Just watch though, I'll gain all my weight back from the "leave your car in Buffalo for 10 months" diet I was just on. lol

Holly O. said...

Good!!! We had a Jeep Cherokee too, loved it.

Maren said...

Not only do I love this Jeep, but I think i'm IN love with it. :) I almost cried when I heard it start up again. *sigh*