Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Time for another update...

So, people have been calling my husband, expecting to talk to me... but I'm not there! I'm in Buffalo.

There's a big box of makeup here keeping me company. Hopefully I can get it inventoried tonight, so I can start taking pictures, and describing it for eBay so I can sell it off real quick.

Maybe not too quick. My husband says it might be a good idea for me to sell it here, rather than to try and bring it back into Canada (where they might tax the crap out of it), and sell it up there, and end up shipping it for a LOT more. So we're saving money by me being down here, selling makeup.

Granted, I'll miss my Young Women, but I hope I won't be gone for too long.

Looks like I'll miss Festival of Friends too :( AND my father in law's birthday (both August 10th)... but my thoughts will be with them, for sure. :)


Car Update:

I found a starter at a wrecking yard, it was only $45.00 with a $10.00 core charge (I get that back when I take them my old one), plus tax. So I'm recycling, AND saving money. Gotta love that! I just got "paid" today too, an eBay lady finally paid for her 50 lipsticks, so I can pay for shipping and a few other things I'll need here for the next week... or so... We'll see! If anyone needs the phone # here, or wants me to call them, just email me. They have free long distance to the US and Canada, so it really works out. The Desrosiers have totally accepted me into their family, as if I really WERE family. Which makes the homesickness i'm feeling for Canada slightly better. :) (if that makes sense... I'm not sure how to word that one).

The mechanic is coming out tomorrow at 8am instead of today, so hopefully we'll get the car on the road (literally) then! :) The battery died again... so we'll have to charge it again too.

Other than that, I have no complaints! I made dinner tonight for Shara and I. Dan (her husband) is on the road, and is stopping in tonight around 9ish, and is heading back out again. He's a trucker, and such a trooper. They're both so good to each other, its really great to see that in a marriage. :) Anyway, I've got to inventory this makeup so I can get listing it tomorrow!

ALSO, I would like to say a HUGE thank you to my sister in law Amy (her blog is to the right ----> ). She took pictures of me while I was in Utah, and not to sound too boastful, but they really turned out great! So I updated my profile picture here, on facebook, and on myspace. I really love the picture she took of me in color. Not to be vain... but I'm good lookin! My profile pic is at the bottom of my blog on the right side as well.

Enjoy!

No comments: