Saturday, August 25, 2007

Denied

So bogus. So, I tried entering Canada last night so I could be at my mother in law's BBQ tonight, and be in church on Sunday, but that's not happening.

They asked lots of questions at the border, and I got unlucky. They ran my ID, and I ran into trouble. Big time. I could have been arrested and held at the little jail at the border. (not good!). Thankfully, they let me return to the US.

If I would have had those papers from the Visa office in Buffalo saying that I have a file number, and need to take an English test, there's a better chance they would have let me back into Canada. But My mom sent it on the 18th of June, and I still haven't gotten it. So I can't go home.

So, now I need NEED to take that English test like yesterday. I can't take it in Canada, because if I'm ever found *in* Canada, I could be arrested, deported, and excluded from the country for at LEAST a year. (NOT GOOD!).

SO, now I need to schedule an English test. The one near Boston is looking like my best bet. My brother served his mission there, and he says that community has the second highest concentration of Mormons east of the Mississippi. That's somewhat comforting. I was on the phone with my mom last night when he called her so I said don't hang up with me, talk to him, and ask him about Boston. I'd need to arrive there the night before the test, camp out in a member's driveway, or on their couch, anything. Then wake up early the next morning and go take my test, then drive back to Buffalo.

There's a test being given today, on September 8th, and I think the 22nd of September, and hopefully its not all booked up by now. My mom said she'd loan me the money for the test, gas to & from Boston, and toll roads, (thanks again mom) and I'd love for that expense list to NOT include a motel.

So now I've got my application papers for the test all printed out, and ready to go. Thankfully the test is $155 dollars here, while if I take it in Canada, its $240. I don't understand why every stinkin' thing is more expensive there. The dollar is almost equal.

Anyway, that's the latest depressing news from me. No trucking job, no husband, no Canada. *pout* Guess I'll have to get a "real" job down here for a while. *sigh* Then I can pay my mom back, and maybe get my credit looking somewhat normal again... (not likely though).

*Another sigh*

6 comments:

Jan said...

Oh, my!!! I'm so sorry, Shelley! I had my own issues (years ago) with the US/Canadian stuff. I'm keeping everything (fingers, toes, eyes, whatever!) crossed that you get this all worked out really fast. How frustrating this is!!

Hayley said...

this is not good! i'm so sorry you're having to go through this again!

Maren said...

I guess I've gotta pay my dues sometime. I had 3 great years with my husband in Canada, most people have to be apart right away for a LONG time, and I didn't do it that way.

Why can't they just make this whole process easier? I'm not a terrorist!

Jori said...

Yikes! that's scary. I hope everything works out for you.

Unknown said...

shelley! i'm so sorry. that really sucks. i didn't know you were dealing with that. i wish i could help. i'll do the only thing i can...add you to my prayer list. keep us posted!

Maren said...

Prayers definitely help! And don't worry, you will be kept posted! (Heck, I've got nothing else to do but take an English test and wait!)