Tuesday, July 17, 2007

No mail

The saying "No news is good news" does not apply in this scenerio. I'm still waiting for the mail from my mom. Thursday will be 3 weeks since she sent it. I'm beginning to feel it was lost in the mail.

The one piece of important mail I've ever needed or wanted in my life... lost in the mail. How typical. How depressing.

Anyway, church is going well. Our Young Women's group has now grown to 10 total. I'm so excited. Before, we had maybe 6 active YW. We had 7 go to camp with us. One of our girls invited her 2 non member friends, and her aunt (who is barely 2 years older than her. :) ) so we had a good sized group with us. After our border changes, we've gained 4 more girls! Very exciting. I believe I still only have 2 Beehives to look after, but they're good girls, I like them.

Tomorrow we're making Journal Jars for our activity. Each of the girls gets to make, and decorate her own. I'm excited about it. Back in May, I taught a Journal lesson, and the girls LOVED it. It was probably the best lesson I've ever taught. I totally felt the spirit, I was MORE than passionate about the subject, and the girls were really into it! Especially since for New Beginnings in April, we gave them Journals as a gift. It was supposed to go along with the "Let virtue garnish thy thoughts" theme for the year. They were adorable little journals my mom found for like 3 bucks in Utah. Even after shipping, they were TONS cheaper than anything I found up here!

So, now the girls get to make their own jar, with the journal jar questions I had found for my lesson. So there's something to look forward to this week... even if I don't get my mail, and eventually my car back so my husband can get a job. *sigh*

3 comments:

Amy Smith said...

Any news today?

Hayley said...

that stinks! big time!

Maren said...

Still STILL nothing. :( Apparently mom sent it surface or whatever... So not Air Mail. :( *madface*