Friday, July 27, 2007

Don't mind me...

I'm just doing a little pre-flight freak out. No mail again, and I'm leaving Monday at noon, I'm afraid I won't be able to check the mail Monday (not like it'll come then either.) I need to scream or cry into a pillow!

I want to pack lightly, but I want to make sure I get everything I need. Both there (ie: makeup for mom to buy) and on the way back (books for Sarah from the land of LDS bounty). But I don't want to be over-burdened by any of it.

Hopefully I won't forget the essentials (Passport, cell phone/charger, sunglasses, car documents, I'm hoping the hubby will let me take our camera, mp3 player for boredom (i have a few audio books on it too), real books? Dunno, should I chance/risk taking library books to the states? What if I'm not able to come back? I suppose I could mail them back to Jon for him to return for me...) What else do I need?

See, there's too much to stress about.

I think I should pack a lunch too. I know I'll be hungry Tuesday. But I'm bussing it into Buffalo Monday night, staying with Dan & Shara, and then leave with her at 8am (she works near the airport), and then catch my 11:03 flight. Then I have a layover nearly 4 and a half hours long in Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky (wth?) UGH. I hate layovers. hate. Then I get into Utah around 6:30pm. I think mom said Amy was picking me up, she is visiting her grandma earlier that day, and hopefully she'll bring baby Ella. I miss that little girl. :)

Anyway, I also have to figure out what clothes I'll need. Something for the family picture, but I have NO nice clothes. The nice thing I do have is what I wore in the pic a year and a half ago! :( Maybe I'll have time to go shopping (hopefully with someone else's money ;) ;) ) Before Thursday. Maybe I'll just pack like 5 items of necessary clothing. Then I'll have to buy more stuff. :) (Sorry, just finished a Shopaholic book last night... er, this morning at 4am... Cute book, warning though, its got swearing in it.)

I'm so ornery and snippity today. I've already snapped at Jon like 4 times. (We're mailing out an eBay package we sold for $1225 today... its a high stress zone here. Sucks that all that money is spoken for. :( I'll have like no spending money while I'm there... another reason I'm hoping for a free haircut if I donate this rats nest to locks of love.) And I have a huge headache. AND my whole body is sore. We picked up trash for our Service project Wednesday, and I'm still so sore. :(

I was listening to Ben Folds - The Luckiest last night/this morning around 4:30am when I realized I wasn't falling asleep and I cried and cried. I don't know why. After which, I listened to "In-Flight French" a book teaching/telling me all these french sayings for travel... I might need these if I have to drive through Quebec to get home. :(

I'm a mess. I don't know why. Time for a shower. I have issues.



Cute shirt eh? hehe!

2 comments:

Holly O. said...

Chin up! You are going to see Hayley and your family soon. And I hope someone takes you shopping.

Maren said...

I hope so too! I need a mini spree at Target man! I'm in withdrawls!