Saturday, July 21, 2007

Beautiful Disaster

I've resigned myself to not ever getting that letter from my mom. I'm stopping watching the pot of boiling water. Now I've got to find a ride to Buffalo for next Tuesday the 31st, then when I come back, I should be able to come in with my jeep. If not, I have a "worst case scenerio" plan. I drive to CT, get new plates, and drive up through Quebec. They're like a whole other country... almost. They'r enot run by the same laws as the rest of Canada, for some reason. I'll have to learn french real quick to help me get by. But that's the plan... for now. :)

Hayley just introduced me to Jon McLaughlin. I likey. Although, I'm afraid the term "Beautiful Disaster" has long ago carved out a spot in my heart. LONG ago. LONG people.

In August of 1997 (In my opinion, the height of my music lovin') 311 put out their Transistor album. I fell in love. 311 isn't for the weak... and probably shouldn't be for the LDS either... but I love 'em. It's a weakness I guess. But ever since I've heard this song, I've loved 311, thought I was *THE* beautiful disaster, and I'd say this song is definitely in my top 5 faves of all time. :) Here's the music video, although I won't be offended if you no likey. Lyrics are below the video, but these are my favorite lyrics:
"you're a butterfly in the wind without a care, a pretty train crash to me and I can't care, I do I don't whatever."

I'd like to think I'm a pretty train crash too.

311 - Beautiful Disaster

Today seems like a good day
to burn a bridge or two
the one with my old wood creaking
that would burn away right on cue
I try to be not like that
'cuz some people really suck
some people need to get the axing
chalk it up to bad luck

I know a drugstore cowgirl
so afraid of getting bored
she's always running from something
so many things ignored
I might do that stuff if
it didn't make me feel like
I'm on some old reality tip
so many trips in it

Beautiful disaster
flyin' down the street again
I tried to keep up
you wore me out and left me ate up
now I wish you all the luck
you're a butterfly in the wind without a care
a pretty train crash to me and I can't care
I do I don't whatever

I know a drugstore cowgirl
so afraid of getting bored
she's always running from something
so many things ignored
I try to be not like this
but I thought it'd make a good song
there's nothing to see shows over
people just move along

Beautiful disaster
flyin' down the street again
I tried to keep up
you wore me out and left me ate up
now I wish you all the luck
you're a butterfly in the wind without a care
a pretty train crash to me and I can't care
I do I don't whatever

:)
Plus, the lead singer is cute:

The End.


Added Monday July 23, 2007 12:09PM
I edited out the swear word... I didn't realize it had one (sorry Amy), the version I listen to has it edited out. But then I realized the video doesn't edit it, so I just took it out. ;) See... Pretty train crash.

4 comments:

Amy Smith said...

Hey Shells, I just thought I would let you know that I let Brianna read this blog every once and a while, so you might want to keep the language clean and the topics pg rated. I can block her from reading it and all if you prefer. I thought the blog might help her keep you close to you. Not a problem either way.

Amy Smith said...

Edit that meaning "help her keep you close to her"

Holly O. said...

Block her from my blog! And Hayley's too!

Maren said...

I didn't know she read it. I edited the swear word out. The version I listen to is like that clearplay dvd, and I forgot to edit the lyrics as well, and I do apologize. I hope she didn't read it!

I just feel my life is sometimes a beautiful disaster. This is exhibit A I guess (or other stupid things like this I've done.)