Monday, July 30, 2007

Last Minute Nerves

So I'll be leaving this house of mine in less than 5 hours, and thus will begin my 2 day trek to Utah. (Well, nearly 2 days... I'm taking a 4:15 bus to Buffalo which gets there at 7:40pm, then I'll sleep at the Desrosiers house, and leave with Shara in the morning so she's at work by 8am, and she'll drop me off at the airport on her way. Then I wait for my 11am flight, 4 hour layover in Kentucky, and I finally get into Utah at 6:30pm, which is 8:30pm my (eastern) time. I am going to be so tiiiiiiiiired when I get there.

Oh well, the nieces and nephews will wear me out and I'll sleep like a brick hit me Tuesday night for sure.

So, I think I've just about got everything. Aloha shirt for the Rehearsal Luau Dinner (I brought my two faves actually)... I've pretty much got everything else. I'm now wondering if I should bring another pair of crappy jeans, or just wait and go shopping there... (I'm easy with jeans, target or walmart works great for me.) I think I'm good wardrobe-wise. I brought a TON of makeup, both for selling to relatives, and to leave with my mom so she can mail them for me. See, with PayPal, I can pay for shipping here, email her the .pdf of the prepaid thingy, and she can stick it on a priority box, and I can schedule a pick-up for her even. SO much easier to ship stuff from the US than it is from Canada. (I shouldn't complain that much, its all this walking to the post office (nearly every day) since October that has dropped me a pants size. I'm a little afraid the size will come back if I get my car back.

...Uh oh... Hubby found my stash of makeup that I'm taking to my mom's house. Not good. I don't know if he'll let me take it all or not. We shall see. See, my plan is to take a TON of it, sell it, and if it doesn't sell, leave it there with instructions for my mom to ship it out there.

*sigh*

I still have laundry to do. I hope he'll let me just take it already. I don't need a fight right before I leave. I still feel like I'm forgetting something else though. :(

Now for the good news: My brother's family has made it to Utah safely. :) I'm not sure when Paula gets there, Jamie should be in a few hours later than me... And their husbands come at a later date because of work.

I'm really excited to see them again! I'll be so sad to leave them... We're a cute bunch.

December 19, 2005
Missing: Andy (Jamie's Husband, married March 2006), Baby Ella (born August 2006), and Baby Courtney (born June 2007), and of course my husband... He still hasn't met my parents...

The one getting married this Friday is next to me, "between"ish the bride and groom. Little bro Dave. I can hardly believe it. :) Congrats Dave!

4 comments:

Hayley said...

we're planning on lunch saturday, right?!? i can't believe what a long trek you have. and i can't believe your little brothers are going to both be married!

Maren said...

Hopefully Saturday! I may not have so much hair by then, and I don't know if I'll have a car... but we'll figure out the details later! I'll email you with my cell and parents' home #!

Mela said...

beautiful family. what kind of make-up are you selling?

Maren said...

Hey Mela! We sell mac, estee, clinique, and a few others. Here's our store, but we have lots more we haven't listed yet! I just added you as a friend on TLW too! :) See ya there!