Monday, July 9, 2007

Its another heat wave

I think its worse this time though.

That "Feels Like" temperature of 40 Celcius is 104°F. I have no AC. I only have two fans, and my husband keeps turning them off, because he says "they're just blowing hot air around"... so? its better than stifled no air blowing around.

We have GOT to invest in some AC... even if its just for Jon's office (where the expensive computer is...) I don't care... its too hot to live!

Its so hot, that I'm only wearing my Hawaiian lava lava/sarong/pareo thing (undies too). Its wrapped in the classic dress style, but I twisted the "straps" in front before putting them behind my neck to tie them.

Its days like this that make me want to take a razor to my hair and just get rid of it ALL. Maybe I'll go fill the bathtub up with icy cold water. :)

Other than that I don't have much else to report. We haven't yet gotten the mail today (and if we did, nothing arrived). My Bishop is going to the states tomorrow, so if I don't get my letters from mom today, I'll have to wait another week. Not good... Maybe the folks watching my car & stuff (Dan and Shara) will be coming up this weekend? I'll have to check. I hope it comes today though!

2 comments:

Amy Smith said...

Sorry about the mail. Better luck next week?

By the way fans do help. Fans help sweat to evaporate off of the skin. Take a cool wash cloth and rub it on your arms and legs and point the fan at you. Also lay the cold washcloth across your artery in your neck. This cools the blood and in turn cools the rest of you. We have to do that to keep Bri's fever down since she is allergic to ibuprofen.

Also a ceiling fan costs about 1 cent and hour and window fans are about the same, so don't worry about the electrical cost.

Maren said...

One cent an hour? I'm dying because of one cent an hour? lol

I'm turning it back on right now! I woke up this morning in a pool of sweat again. I can't handle it.

The other fan we have is a round one on a stand. But I'll totally try the cold washcloth thing. :) Thanks for the tips!