Sunday, July 1, 2007

Cake & a Kitty!

I made my cake!

My hubby surprised me and said we could get the pound cake, jello, cool whip and strawberries for my cake! (I so know it doesn't look like the picture... food *I* make never does. :( ) For those of you who don't get my facination with this cake, I love all things Canada, I love to bake, even if its just pretend (I didn't even bake the pound cake for this thing!), and currently our financial situation is not good. Not even sure if we'll make rent on time. So this is a MAJOR splurge for us. :) Do you like how it turned out? (I'm not thrilled with it, but I'm no artist, and I knew the maple leaf would give me issues. DH so happily pointed out that its not even centered. lol I tried man! I really did!)



I even got a self-portriat of me with it. Hubby took one too, but the dirty dishes are in the background, so that picture will be destroyed/deleted. :)

This picture just makes me really want to 1) eat it (I suppose we're saving it for tomorrow) and 2) pluck my eyebrows. yikes!

Anyway, so my dear husband invited his brother Christian over for a day of BBQing, xbox, and beer (it's ok... he's not LDS) Saturday, and during our BBQ, we had a little visitor.

A little tiny kitten who looked a little lost came into our back yard and started meowing. Maybe she liked our green grass? Not sure, but as some of you may know, a cat lover, I am NOT. This poor little thing is adorable though. She's a himalayan, and she has a really high-pitched meow, more of a mew, really, so I'm thinking she's just a kitten still.

Anyway, She looks like she was in a fight recently, and she's got no collar. We fed her a can of tuna fish, which she just ate right up, so she was definitely hungry. Then she went exploring in our house, which quite frankly, I didn't mind. There are other mangey cats/strays in the neighborhood that come in our house quite frequently (there's no screen on our back door, so they just climb right in when its too hot to have the wood door closed). I normally chase them things right out. This one though, I let her explore. I don't know why. It's possible that I'm allergic even, but she's adorable. This coming from a supposed cat-hater! Look at her though, she's pretty!



I don't think she quite knows what to make of our house... and she's a little scared still, but she ate, and then started purring. Thankfully my husband knows how to handle cats, he used to have a few. (Which I always made fun of him for having till now. lol)

Kitty keeps crying, which is why I'm posting at 2:30am instead of sleeping. Sucks, I have to teach tomorrow, and I'm only like 50% prepared. We definitely had a busy day... All that whilest being addicted to that desktop fighter game. I'm surprised we got prepared enough to eat anything.

I think we'll have a tiny bbq tomorrow, after I get back from church, so we can eat the cake, and potato salad I almost made (left out the mayo... no idea why... I got tired maybe?) And I'll more than likely take a nap too, especially after finding out its good for me, I can now do it guilt-free. :) hurrah! It's now 10 to 3am... I should try to sleep a little. I tried letting the cat out, but she didn't wanna leave. *sigh* She'd better hush up, or I won't get any sleep! Goodnight!

2 comments:

Holly O. said...

You have a cat now, I hope you know! And the cake looks fabulous. Good job. You've inspired me to bake something today. Maybe. I'll have to come up with something to celebrate.

Maren said...

We so can't afford a cat right now... Plus I'm going to camp this week! I checked all the classifieds and no one is missing this beauty. Maybe I'll post a "Found" sign.

You sould definitely bak something! You can celebrate Canada Day too if you want. :) I'll allow it!