Thursday, July 12, 2007

Anticipation

I can not tell you how much it is killing me... anticipating getting this letter in the mail from my mom that says I've got a file number. I really REALLY wish I had been able to talk to her before she sent it off to me. I would have had her send it to the people watching my jeep in Buffalo... With delivery confirmation.

I mean seriously, she sent it 2 weeks ago. Thursday, June 28th. It's retarded how long this is taking to get here.

Meanwhile, I got my brother Dave and his fiancée Logan's wedding invitation, which was post marked on June 28th. I don't know when it got here, because I was at camp when it arrived. AT CAMP! I've been home from camp almost a week! How is it possible that my mom's letter, which was mailed on the SAME day from the SAME town (Provo) hasn't gotten to me yet, and the wedding invitation (which is freaking cute btw) did get to me... probably a week ago!

Such a pet peeve of mine. I hate how unpredictable the mail can be, its just Canada... its not like we're Cuba people.

Anyway, I've been stewing... I had a ride to buffalo all set up for Tuesday, expecting this letter already. My bishop goes there weekly for business. Turns out this week he went on Tuesday AND today... so because I don't have those papers, I don't get to go yet again.

AND, because I'm bored, and I think my brother and his fiancée are SO cute together, I'm posting their wedding announcement, because I actually received it in the mail.

This is the front, and it opens from right to left... not up and down... if that makes sense. Isn't it cool? I absolutely love it. They have great taste. They're not having a "typical" reception either, just a small open house... I think. Anyway, here's the inside, they're such a gorgeous couple. :) Welcome to the family Logan!



Anyway, here's hoping I get MORE mail tomorrow, because otherwise I'm waiting till next week (as there's no mail delivery in Canada on Saturdays), and I'm already saddened enough by not having my car back by now. :(

4 comments:

Holly O. said...

No mail on Saturday??? Sorry you haven't gotten the letter yet. Monday, for sure! The invitation is great, by the way. They do have good taste.

Hayley said...

oh my gosh - i can't believe he's getting married. he's just a little boy. or he was back in hawaii. crap, i really am an old lady! i hope your letter comes quick! come on mail dudes!

Anonymous said...

yes canada post is totally rotten! once it took my mom three weeks to get a letter from the next town over... like 20 miles away!!! what the heck???
they are both 'really really good looking' people as Zoolander would say...

hope you get the letter soon.

Maren said...

Holly: Yeah, no mail on saturday, totally sucks. I love their invite too, Looks like something I would have wanted (we eloped though, so no invites or announcements were made).

Hayls: I know, he's just a wit-o one. He was 16 when I left home, so that's the age he's stuck at in my head. I'm totally floored he's getting hitched.

Jess: NO kidding, it took me 3 weeks to send a package from Toronto to St. Catherines (like 2 hours away), and I sent it expedited (with insurance and tracking) they're totally crappy! I should have told my mom to send it to the folks in Buffalo watching my jeep! :(

UGH. I hope and pray it gets here on Monday! :( I hate this!