Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Got blood?

So, last week while I was at camp, apparently the Canadian Blood Bank called for me. I didn't bother calling them back when I got home.

Last night around 7:30pm they call again, and say they're going to be at Jackson Square (the "mall" downtown where I do shipping every day) tomorrow, and asked me if I could make it to donate blood. Before I hung up the phone and confirm my appointment, I was upstairs taking two iron pills. See, I'm not entirely anemic, its never been diagnosed by a doctor anyway, but I've been denied to give blood before because the level isn't quite what they require for blood donation.


Well, I was denied again today. :( My red blood/iron level was 118, and they require 125... I think in the states, they use a different measure, because I was always told it had to be 12.5... and I have always been 11.9 or somewhere around there. So I don't quite know if I'm anemic or what, but maybe I'll be able to donate blood another time. *sigh*

It's a little after noon, and I still haven't gotten any mail. I saw the mail man up the street (did you know the mail people in Canada walk EVERYWHERE? no little mail trucks! And mail boxes up here are near each house's front door, so they have to walk up the stairs... it seems like such a work out!) Anyway, I saw him up the street when I left for my appointment just before 11 this morning, but we still have an empty mailbox. :( I'm so jonesin' to get my jeep back. I so miss it! Say a little prayer that I get that mail from my momma soon! That's all I'm waiting for now! :)

2 comments:

Hayley said...

suck! i don't like giving blood, cause it makes me weakish. fainty. also, i have bad veins. they usually take my blood from my hand. its better that way.

Maren said...

from your hand? woah. I've never had that before... see, my skin is so lily white that its practically see-through, so, while I don't have the best (ie: thick) veins, you can see what teeny veins I do have from a mile away. And since I'm so "healthy", I rarely have issues with fainting. lol