Sunday, May 27, 2007

Our Branch has sprouted.

Hamilton 5th Branch is no more. We've been upgraded today to Hamilton 3rd Ward. :)

For the folks that have been coming to this downtown branch for the 14 or some odd years its been in effect, this is a truly momentus occasion.

I, on the other hand, have been wanting to call our Branch President "Bishop" for as long as I've known him. People around me were completely freaking out when they released him as a BP today. I had a little giggle, because I knew they were just going to re-call him to be our new Bishop. :)

It's kinda nice... New building, New Ward... all in the same month (ok, 3 week period). We've been super busy. :)

I also liked having our Stake Young Women's leaders (2 of 'em) there, they brought us treats AND taught our lesson! It was joyous. Now I don't have to teach again till June 10th! Gotta love that!

I keep meaning to take pictures of our new building, but I keep failing at that. Maybe on Wednesday I will. :)

Anyway, I'm glad we had Branch/Ward conference today, I was supposed to teach next week, but now I'll be able to go help my Mother In Law set-up for Brandi's baby shower. :) I just have to figure out how exactly I'm going to get there... :-o Gotta check bus routes... Not sure if there are any busses going north, then east... unless I could head west till I hit the barton bus... That'd work. hmmm (Sorry, just thinking out loud)...

Meanwhile, does anyone have a super-cheap baby shower gift I can get her? yipes! :(

5 comments:

Hayley said...

a package of cute binkies? or a little blankey. or a package of onesies.

Maren said...

I suppose... the problem though, is obtaining these thingies... I gots no car, and I'm in a new city, I'm not sure exactly where to go to get them, where they won't cost me a bagillion dollars. Baby stuff is expensive here. :( Maybe I'll go to Zellers (Canada's sucky version of Target) this week... We can't so much afford it though :-\

Anonymous said...

When I had Duke, Ben made me a bunch of "babysit for free" coupons. I really loved using them...
So, as Duke says: That's an idea!

:)

Maren said...

Cute. :) I think I'll totally do that. It aint on her registry, but I can make 'em cute on my little printer! Thanks Jess!

Maren said...

Thanks again Jess... I printed up 8 little coupons, I hope she uses them! :) Tell Ben thanks for the idea! I just yoinked it.