Wednesday, May 9, 2007

All kinds of bad news...

I've been feeling a little down and somewhat hopeless lately. As some of you may know, my car and most of my stuff is still stuck in Buffalo. Every SINGLE day, I have dreams (some may call them delusions of grandeur) of just crossing the border, and getting them back, my car, my crap, everything. It doesn't help that there's at least 10k worth of cosmetics there that I could sell and help our financial situation.

I got news on Friday (well, I didn't actually get it till Sunday, because my computer was broken all weekend) that the new license plates for my car can't be requested by mail. The lovely folks watching my car don't want to drive my car into Canada because they believe the license plates are flagged at the border due to all the crap that has happened with my car in the past (not that I can blame them, I really owe them so much more than they know). So I was going to request new plates, and I just found out that I can'd to that by mail.

To make matters worse... my previous post about my Immigration application being in April 5th... well they too sent back a letter (AND my entire application) saying that the funds receipt I had sent along with my application (The one I had paid last April in Canada, when I had originally wanted to apply as a sponsored spouse) is no good at their Buffalo Visa office. So now I have to apply for a refund for the original funds, which is a headache and a half. Thankfully I asked my parents for temporary help for the application fee, which, when I receive the original refund, I'd send them a check for, and they have ever so graciously agreed to do this for me. Which hopefully will allow me to cross the border in August to go to my youngest brothers' wedding.

*sigh*

I wish things were different. I wish I had my car up here. I wish I had some chocolate.

:-\

2 comments:

Hayley said...

ah shelley - that sucks! i'm sorry that is such a mess. talk about needing chocolate! i just sneezed & peed my pants a little. at least you're not that girl! :)

Maren said...

LoL! You're too funny. Thanks for bringing a smile to my face. :)