Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Holy Hail!

And boy do I mean HAIL! We had a real nice storm roll in around 6:30-7pm and it stayed for a few hours... During the storm though, it was hailing! The hail was HUGE too! (Well, biggest I've seen anyway). Hubby says he's seen golf ball sized or bigger. :-o I grew up in Hawaii man... we just don't get hail there. Its not scientifically possible... and if IF it is, I've never seen it in the 16 years I lived there.

So, me being the precious lil' hawaiian... skidaddled outside to take pictures of the stuff, and I picked up a few of the bigger pieces, and brought them inside to take pictures of them. I'm a geek, I know. I'm still not 100% sold on the word "blog" but the whole time I was caught up in the hail drama, I was thinking "I'm so going to put this in my blog!" So maybe that word is growing on me... and not in the infectious diseases way either. The jury is still out on that one.

Anyway, here are my lovely pictures, I do hope you enjoy it as much as I did. I'm also inclding a little picture of our backyard. I helped mow the lawn on Monday, and I'm still quite proud. See, the ghetto lawnmower my landlord has is electric, but so whimpy. It cuts out when you try and cut anything taller than an inch. And, since this was the first cutting of the season, all the grass back there was just like how it is around DH's motorcycle. Like 1-2 feet tall. It was so tortureous trying to mow it! You had to hold down some tiny red button so it wouldn't keep cutting out, but doing so made my fingers hurt. It was near impossible. Anyway, I do hope you enjoy the newly cut grass, and my little hails. :)

I had to change the brightness on this one a LOT, hopefully you can still see how long the grass *was*... I dunno.

If you ask me, these hails are HUGE!

For you crazy Americans out there reading this, that is a Canadian penny, its got the Queen on it, and its exactly the same size as the Abe Lincoln pennies. ;)

I hope you enjoyed this adventure as much as I did, although I seriously doubt that. lol

2 comments:

Hayley said...

holy crappers! that's some big hail. i hope your car didn't get dented. oh wait, you're car is in New York. haha. sorry. i'm just rubbing that hail in the wound.

Maren said...

meanie! :(