Friday, May 25, 2007

Drenched!

I thought APRIL showers were supposed to bring MAY flowers! This month has been the rainiest (did I spell that right?) month we've had since it stopped snowing. In all fairness, they said it would snow today, but since I don't have cable tv, I guess I missed that tidbit of info. Otherwise I would have had my umbrella with me and I wouldn't have gotten soaked.

We went to my father in law's house at about 1 or so, after hubby got his hair cut, and we stayed there till about 3:30 when I went to go do the shipping. Every thing was just fine and dandy til' I was finished, and had to come back. See, my FIL doesn't live THAT far from the mall downtown. He's maybe a block and a half away IF that. And for the one FULL block, there's a parking garage I usually cut through. So I get out of the market doors and it is raining, hard... like cats, dogs, birds, AND fish... and possibly a hamster too. I was hot ALL DAY LONG, like hawaii in August hot, where everything is just sticky, even if you shower, you're sticky 10 minutes later, hot.

So I figure, why not walk in it?

Because duh, shell... It got HARDER.

So I'm now running across York Blvd... towards the parking structure... there are two teenage boys that are cursing the heavens because of the rain... and I just lauged. I get to the other side of the parking bldg, and I make a run for my FIL's house, down the alleyway, and by the time I make it there, I'm totally and completely drenched.

So not fun. I'm wearing a thin-ish Mossimo shirt from Target (I knew I should have gotten more while I had the chance!), but luckily it didn't get cold or anything. So I played with my FIL's 5 month old puppy "Bart" for a while till I dried out a little. Once that happened, we decided to head home. I brushed my hair out first though, and its nearly dry now. :) I just smell like a wet Shelley... which is only slightly better than wet dog. ;) Sorry the pic of Bart is so tiny, the big version of it got corrupt somehow, but the little thumbnail is ok, so I took a screen shot of it, and this is the best I can get. :) He's a cocker spaniel/poodle mix and he's just adorable. :)

No comments: