Saturday, May 19, 2007

Its a blah day...

So, only two girls showed up last night, I'm glad they did though. I'm the Beehive leader, and both my girls showed up, (We have 2 of each till September). I'm so proud of them. Granted they're sisters, and about a year and a half apart age-wise, but we 3 leaders got to bond with them and it was pretty fun.

We slept in the tent. May in Canada is lovely during the day... night however, is freakin' cold. lol Well not too cold, but cold enough that you shouldn't camp-outside-and-sleep-on-the-ground cold. I only got maybe 5-6 hours of sleep, because my nose was cold for at least the first hour or so I was trying to fall asleep. I kept tossing and turning, it was horrid. I'm glad I had a nice, warm sleeping bag though. So I had to scooch down in deeper so my head was covered and I suppose either my nose warmed up, or I just was so exhausted that I just passed out. Either way it was after midnight when we finally got to the tent, and just before 8 when I woke up.

We had pancakes and sausage links for breakfast, the girls made breakfast (Beehives are 12-13 years old, and quite adorable while making pancakes too) and it was quite nice to not have to be in charge of anything for once.

When I got home, the house was literally turned upside down. My husband tried to do a nice thing for me by moving my desk downstairs (how I had hinted a week earlier). This is to give him more storage upstairs (I basically relinquished all control over the 3rd bedroom when I suggested that I guess.) He said, when I hinted, that he didn't need more storage upstairs, and that it was a silly little idea. But apparently ever since that time, he'd been planning this major move with his brother and his dad (neither of whom showed up to help, but alas, he had planned it none the less). So, my desk is now in our would-be dining room (we have no dining room table, we eat at the tv for now, with the coffee table and a little Ikea side table thing for now. Maybe when we're actually grown-ups we'll have a dining room table and eat like normal folk.)

Anyway, so my desk and computer are down here, and all is lovely. I'm even supposed to get a delivery of my stuff from Buffalo today. :) Thank you Dan & Shara!

Other than that, I'm exhausted from helping clean all day, and not getting enough sleep last night. My neck is also a little sore. Not much left to do today but wait for my stuff. I've got meetings at 9 and 1 tomorrow for church... should be a good, long day. *sigh*

I'm still bored... and a little blah too. *'nother sigh*

2 comments:

Hayley said...

and lets face it - you're from hawaii. as long as you live there, you'll complain of the cold, right?

Maren said...

But of course! I can and I will. :) That's a given. Snow is just not for me... heck, anything colder than 70 isn't for me... :) heh