Monday, October 1, 2007

First Day

So... Today was my first day of work. It was not spectacular, however I did meet a lot of people. A lot of people who tried to teach me their entire system in 8 short hours.

My head is a little bit hurty, but I just took some Advil for that.

I wish they would have given me a better orientation. I got the 5 cent tour. Someone else got the 10 cent tour, and I'm still looking for my refund...

Apparently the guy training me scared off a possible recruit last week. He showed up for one day, trained with this guy and said "sorry, I'm not coming back tomorrow, I can't handle this". I think I can handle this job, and possibly excel at it.

The client I'll be working for has a contract with us starting January 1st, so I'm not too worried about that. For security/safety purposes, I can't disclose who they are. I could, but then I'd have to kill you. ;)

Anyway, it was a rough day, and I'm so so so glad its over. My supervisor apologized like 5 times and explained that "Monday's aren't usually like this!"

So I do hope it gets better. I'd really like this to be a job I'm excited about. :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

first days are so crazy. that pit-in-stomach feeling...ick. but, it will get better!!!

Jan said...

You'll be great. Take a hot bath, go to bed, get some good sleep, get rid of that headache, and tomorrow will be much better. You're awesome - you can do this.

Jori said...

First days are always so rough. It's so exhausting to try and absorb everything. Good luck you are such a smartie, you will do great.

Hayley said...

first days are always stressful - but you'll do super. shelley - i've never met anyone better on a computer! yay for employment!