Friday, October 12, 2007

Duh! I passed!

I think the Immigration people required an overall score of 7.0 in order to consider me fluent or proficient in the English language. I got an 8.5. YAY ME! One more hurdle out of the way. See!



Next I wait for them to confirm receipt of these results, and send me information and requirements on my Medical test, THEN I should technically be allowed into Canada.

In other news, This past week, I've purchased like 4 pairs of pants from eBay. Costing me $0.01, $0.99 cents, and $3.33 for a lot of two. I rock at the cheapness shopping. :) I'll post pictures later. I'm just thrilled at my thrifty shopping this week. :) Yay eBay!

6 comments:

Hayley said...

so just cause you're allowed back into canada, does that mean that you're able to come and go as you please? will you keep this job? what's up with that? i want you to see Hubby - but i want you to keep working, too!!! ahhhhhhh-

Jan said...

Yay for you! Hopefully things will work out well for you once it all falls into place.

Holly O. said...

You really can speak English!!!

Maren said...

hah, yeah, I too am excited that I can speak English. ;)

Hayls, I'm not yet able to come and go as I please. I need to wait for them to send me papers requesting that I take a Medical test, it's like a background check for your health. Since health-related things are paid for by the government, they don't want me to have any pre-existing conditions before moving up there to live off of the system.

As for the job, I'll definitely keep it, even once they do let me come and go, Jon says its ok too. I'll be a weekend wife. :)

Jori said...

Hooray! glad everything is humming along.

Unknown said...

woo hoo, progress!!! that's awesome!