Saturday, October 20, 2007

Happy Birthday Dad!

Today is My Dad's birthday! Its barely past 9am in Utah, but I'm sure he's been up for a while... He's always been an early riser.

A few of my favorite memories of my dad would have to be on the night before the first day of school each year, we would have a family home evening of sorts, where we'd all get blessings, he did this before each of us left home on our own as well. I'm glad I have him as my Dad. He's such a great example to me of love and kindness.

He had a stroke in 2002 I think it was... I went to Utah to visit in April of 2002, and I taught my dad how to re-sign his signature. I don't know how or why, but his signature always intrigued me. I practiced it so hard, I got pretty good when I was younger. I never used it for evil purposes though. Don't you worry. I think my purpose in learning it was so that I could teach my dad how to sign it again. It's now more than 5 years later, and he's doing well. The stroke wasn't as bad as it could have been, thank goodness, but his right side isn't as good as it was before.

I'm so happy I have the dad I do. I wouldn't trade him for a million bucks! The picture below was taken at the Manti Temple, we were all waiting for Dave and Logan, we must have been waiting for like 15-20 minutes or so... Very anxious to see them come out. Just then my dad walks out of the temple, and acts all surprised, like we were all there to see HIM! It was too funny! He threw his arms up and acted all surprised, the photographer got this shot right after that. It was cute. I love my daddy. Happy Birthday Dad!



Here's another cute picture, My Parents. :)



I love them both.

3 comments:

Jori said...

happy birthday shelley's daddy! your parents look very nice. they must be they have a nice daughter right?:)

Hayley said...

that's a great tribute shelley! happy birthday today, shelley's daddy!

Jan said...

What great pics of your parents -- it's clear how much you love them and that's so wonderful to read.