Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Work update!

Well, I've made it to week two, I've survived the training, and I'm thinking I'm on the last legs of being guided through with someone watching over me every move I make.

Today I was on phones for the first time, the past few days, I was on the ticket entry system, and today I was put on phones, tomorrow I get the fun task of putting the two together. Yayness! It'll be stressful, but I'll have someone there who's been there for a while now. I must say though, that I really REALLY like the atmosphere of working there. It's so happy-go-lucky... most of the time. If a server crashes, there's drama, but its usually short-lived. I also, today, got to watch Scott configure a Sonicwall firewall. Which is very cool. He's been at the company for 7 years or so, so he's super smart, and knows what he's doing. I want to transplant my brain with everything he knows. Seriously.

The days are going by super fast now too, which can only mean that the faster they go by, the sooner I'll be in Canada... for the weekends anyway. :) Which is of course, a good thing. I can not tell you how much I miss my family up there. Canada has its Thanksgiving on the 2nd Monday in October usually. My family all went up to Hubby's sister's house for the festivities on Sunday, and I so so so missed out. At this point, I'm just hoping I'm able to get back there by my birthday!

Anyway, dinner is ready. :) I've gotta go eat. It is a good week.... so far.

5 comments:

Jori said...

You tough little girl, I am glad work is going well. I hope you get to see your fam soon!

Jan said...

I'm with you -- I always miss family on Canadian Thanksgiving. I'm hoping your legalities all get sorted out soon. And yay for work falling into place. That's always a plus!

Unknown said...

yay that work is getting better! you're such a smarite, i know you'll do great!

Anonymous said...

YAY on the new job! It sounds like it's perfect for you. It's too bad you didn't make it up for Thanksgiving, but when you do make it back to Canada (for good), maybe you can do all the celebrations you missed while you were in the US :) Hey, any excuse to celebrate, right?

Maren said...

You said it. :) Hubby wants to move back to Toronto... Not sure if that'll happen or not though. :) Thanks for your comment miss Hammie! ;)