Saturday, October 27, 2007

Shelley 101



My turn to school you all in the kooky ways of Shelley.

1. My legal name isn't Shelley.
2. My legal last name is still Smith.
3. Canada hates me.
4. I'm 4th out of 6 children.
5. I'm also the youngest girl.
6. I love being Auntie Shelley, can ya blame me? My nieces & nephews are adorable!
7. I'm a major computer geek.
8. My shoe size has shrunk over the past 4-5 years. I was an 8 before moving to Canada, now I'm like a 7.5 or even a 7 Wide. There may be something in the water up there eh!
9. All of my teeth are sweet teeth. (My mom has dentist bills to prove it.)
10. I don't know if I have one favorite sweet/dessert thing to eat. I could possibly come up with a top ten if forced to though.
11. I love my husband's cooking.
12. I don't love the mess left over afterwards though.
13. Who am I kidding... I hate all messes, but 9 times out of 10 I'm the queen mess-maker in the house. I don't know why cleaning is such a chore for me.
14. I skipped Kindergarten. (Ok, i didn't *really* skip it. I was 5 when the fam moved to Hawaii from Utah, and I was placed in 1st grade, because of my age, not my smarts... but I still never went to Kindergarten... Pre-school to 1st grade yo.)
15. I want a pet fish. The beta fishies kind.
16. My favorite ethnicity in the foodage arena is Mexican.
17. I actually LIKE Taco Bell.
18. Mighty Taco is good too. I'm getting hooked.
19. I drive a 1997 Jeep Cherokee that has been lifted 3 inches.
20. Soon, very soon, this vehicle will have been safety checked and registered in 3 different states over the course of my owning it. (CA, CT, & now NY).
21. Crossing the US/Canada border either way, makes me so nervous I could vomit.
22. My passport expires in 2012.
23. This is my favorite number.
24. From 1995 to 2002, I dyed my hair. It has been every shade of brown, red/orange (oops) and black you could imagine. I'm so happy its all natural again. :)
25. I hate nylons. Any and all lengths.
26. I will wear tights instead though. Or trouser socks, if I can get away with it.
27. Target = Euphoria to me. I walk through the doors, and my troubles melt away. I don't even have to make a purchase. Just being there makes me feel better about being me.
28. I didn't have my first kiss till I was 18.
29. This is how old I'll be next Saturday.
30. I like mini things.
31. I've always been a little on the selfish side.
32. I miss Hawaii (I'm not Miss Hawaii, I'm just homesick).
33. I adore Third Eye Blind.
34. Actually, I adore most music from the late 90's. That's MY kind of music.
35. I'm nutty about the color Orange. So nutty that I (well we... Nicole too) call it "Buck Bailey". If you ever hear me say it, it means "Orange".
36. I'm borderline anemic.
37. Because of this, I've been denied when donating blood before.
38. I am also fanatical about donating blood. I do it whenever I can. The Red Cross commercials make me cry.
39. I'm also a bit crazy about recycling. I guess its just me, doing what I can. I've been this way since SPEBE 1995. I went to Hilo, HI for 5 weeks, and we learned about Environmental Studies. It was a blast.
40. I've been contemplating some major life decisions lately.
41. I love popcorn.
42. I hate the snow.
43. I don't like being stuck in Buffalo.
44. But I do like my job. I wish I could have this same job, and be closer to my husband. :(
45. Sometimes, I really hate food.
46. I hate eating sometimes.
47. And I really really despise doing dishes.
48. I'd rather clean the toilet than do dishes.
49. If it wasn't so bad for the Environment, I'd use paper plates, forks etc. every day. :-s
50. I cried in the bathroom at work yesterday.
51. I love makeup.
52. I love Hot Chocolate.
53. I really love Crunchy Cheeto's (They taste AWESOME, plus, they're orange! double bonus!)
54. I like the rain.
55. Thunder is thrilling. I like it when it sets my car alarm off.
56. Normal boots don't fit me, I blame my calf(s).
57. I don't like working too closely with other women.
58. Maybe that's why I like my job so much. I'm just one of the guys, with a little sister type feel to it. It's comforting.
59. I love potatoes. (Boil 'em, mash 'em, put 'em in a stew!) And I could eat them in every form, for a good long time.
60. Same goes for the above, but with Chocolate. The only chocolate I don't likey is the alcohol-filled kind.
61. Speaking of, I've never consumed any alcoholic beverage. I accidentally ate a brandy chocolate, but i hated it and spit it out immediately.
62. I've also never smoked anything either. Drugs, cigarettes, no thank you.
63. ER is my favorite tv show. I just love it. I cried when Carter left.
64. I believe crying is therapeutic.
65. I love John Grisham books. The movies aren't half bad either. Tom Cruise was good in "The Firm".
66. I used to seriously stalk Tom Cruise. Just ask Hayley. The stalking was at its peak in College.
67. I was fully licensed the August before I was 16.
68. I love driving. I once considered a NASCAR career...
69. Realized I wasn't white-trashy enough for that, so I didn't pursue that career.
70. I'm good at cooking Chicken Parmesan (that's what the Desrosiers tell me anyway).
71. I miss my long hair.
72. I hate taking showers in the winter.
73. The reason is that when I hop out of the shower, I hate HATE being cold! It makes me so stabby.
74. I have issues.
75. Deep seeded, get me some counseling issues.
76. My favorite movie is probably Garden State, with Hope Floats following soonly after.
77. I love a good sale.
78. The shirt I'm wearing is orange, v-necked, and cost me $2.98 from Target. I love.
79. I love my husband.
80. I also love ice cream, but not as much as I love the hubby.
81. The stars have always intrigued me, but I've never learned the constellations (other than the dippers, and orion anyway...)
82. Actually, come to think of it, most of God's creations intrigue me. I'm totally blessed to be able to live on this earth.
83. When I was young, I used to pretend I had a large chest... Now I wish I didn't.
84. I love my Young Women. They are amazing girls. I really miss them too.
85. We were told to dress up for Halloween for work, but I don't know what to go as.
86. The first car I drove on my own was a Mitsubishi Precis, 1989.
87. I miss that car. LOTS of HS, and College memories with that baby.
88. I took AP classes in HS, and never scored higher than an "AP C" which was like a normal people's B. I don't know why I bothered with them. I would have done better in general classes.
89. I love Gerber Daisies. They make me happy. (Especially if they're Orange).
90. We had a trampoline growing up.
91. We used to jump off the roof onto it when mom and dad weren't watching. :)
92. I "broke" my fourth toe on my right foot when I was like 7 or 8... I was riding my bike barefoot (Hey man, no one wears shoes in Hawaii), couldn't decide if I wanted to go up the curb onto the sidewalk, or stay on the road... at the last minute I decided, and it was too late, I crashed, and the jagged/metal bike pedal sliced my toe off like 95%.
93. I don't think its *quite* sewn on straight. (Hayley is cringing reading this... She hates feet, let alone imperfect icky ones... although she said she didn't "hate" my feet in college... And heck... they're smaller now than they were then. (see #8)
94. I still don't make good decisions. (or quick ones).
95. My earliest memory, is probably when my siblings were burying me in the snow (My last winter in Utah, I had *just* turned 5, so it was a while ago)... They buried me with a metal snow shovel. I got the snow shovel between the eyes, on the bridge of my nose. I also got Popsicles all weekend, and my older siblings got punished.
96. To this day, the fact that I got Popsicles, and they got punished brings me a little bit of joy. :)
97. This experience also taught me a LOT about keeping the Sabbath Day Holy... Yep, I was buried alive in the snow on a Sunday! :-o
98. I don't like the sticky feeling the ocean leaves between my fingers after swimming. Unless there's a shower *right there* I'd rather not get in the ocean.
99. I really like Turtles' Chex Mix.
100. I love my Friends
101. I love my Family

I guess there's more... but that's enough of my freakdom on display for you all.

I next tag Amy, Paula, Jamie, Logan, Dave, Michelle, and YOU.

9 comments:

Jan said...

Loved your list -- lots of fun stuff there. I love orange too -- you probably already guessed that!

rs said...

Dear Shelley Belle,
Not only were you old enough for 1st grade, you also had the smarts and was reading -- at the top of your 1st grade class. Kintergarten would have boored you silly.
Ops, guess I forgot to tell you all that.
Love,
Mom

Maren said...

You're all set for Halloween mom... boo-red me silly? *hehe*

Hayley said...

shelley - you're adorable. a) you had nice feet. well maintained. and good toes. i didn't mind them. i wouldn't want to suck on your toes, but i only do for my bubbies. :) glad to see you've calmed down about tom cruise. it was a little startling. and - what are these majopr life decisions?

Traeger Tribe said...

There are so many things that I didn't know about you!

Maren said...

Don't worry Hayls, I wouldn't want you to suck my toes. I don't think I'd enjoy that if anyone did it. So I'm cool with knowing you thought they were cute and well-maintained. :) (as for the decisions, that's a big ol' can of worms.... :-s )

Becky, I'm a complicated individual. lol There's lots more where that came from too... I keep thinking I could add 102... 103... Consider yourself tagged. I wanna see your 101 things too!

Jori said...

Girl, what is your legal name? I loved your list. I love potatoes too(heehee good Lord of the Rings reference.:)

Hayley said...

her legal name is maren michelle. hence the shelley. (for jori!)

Unknown said...

this is great! i loved it. so, what major things are you contemplating? do share!