Monday, April 23, 2007

Tell me I'm not a hypochondriac...

Ahh the joys of the internet. The internet allows me to self-diagnose myself, and find some relief. I've lately been getting this constant whooshing in my right ear. Its my heartbeat. Apparently I've got pulsatile tinnitus. I swear it is SO loud, people around me would be able to hear it. It's not normal... but thanks to the internet, I've found some company to my misery, and by reading her posts, and updates, I've gained some comfort in this.

It does, however, quite suck, that I may have to live with this. You really have no idea how annoying it all is, unless, of course, you've experienced it too. For now, I shall wallow in self-pity for a little while longer.

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+
In other news, I'm going with my sister-in-law to Oakville tomorrow to pick up her babys' bassinet, they're the only ones that have this one, and seeing as how her due date is tomorrow (the 24th) and there's no baby yet, she'll be needing this quite soon. :) I'm going to be an Auntie again!

That's the bassinet she's getting, It's apparently a 5 in 1 a portable sleeper, bassinet, bedside sleeper, play seat and changing table. It looks absolutly adorable, and we'll be purchasing it tomorrow. Also, she said she'd let me drive WOOHOO! It's been a while, as my car is stuck in Buffalo. *sigh*. Later :)

1 comment:

Amy Smith said...

I have tinnitus as well! I have lived with it for years. My hearing test at the doctors office had some odd results (didn't pass) and I need more testing. When I have health insurance and the baby can take a bottle, I have to get an mri done as the ringing in one ear has gotten louder.

You do get used to it and you can train yourself not to 'hear' it.