Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Dang city workers!

As if my pulsatile tinnitus isn't enough to keep me awake... There are city workers not too far from my house, jack-hammering the road up, because there was water seeping out of the cracks in the road.

Silly stupid me called the city and reported this strange water leakage... the next day they came and spray-painted about 5 pink lines going one way, and some blue lines going the other way...

Now its past midnight, on a monday, and they're tearing the road up looking for the leak! I called them about it last WEDNESDAY! And by that time, I'd noticed it since the Sunday (at least) before that! It is now the following Monday oop, TUESDAY morning (super early, mind you...) surely it isn't THAT important that they need to do all this right now is it?

We haven't lost any water pressure over the last week... so what gives people? WHY do you have to steal my precious sleep? IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT!? :( I may cry... There's also two very large apartment buildings in the same viscinity (did I spell that right? where's the spell check button? ;) n/m I'm delirious)... and I'm sure they all have jobs or school to attend in the morning... There's going to be a LOT of mad people on my street. Let's just hope they don't find out it was ME who called all this in to the city in the first place.

Oh geez, now my entire house (it's a crappy house) is vibrating.

I suck. the end. *sigh*

1 comment:

Amy Smith said...

Don't hate the workers. They are only trying to prevent a sinkhole which can end in death. Leaks under roads are famous for that.

In a couple of nights you will sleep better knowing you did a good deed.