Thursday, March 1, 2007

T.V.

So very strange, how one little thing in your life changes, and it has the capacity to affect every aspect of your life.


Not necissarily by my choice, we've been without Cable since October 2006. Granted, my husband (being the loving man that he is... and also due to the fact that he's a big geek and I love him...), he gets the shows that I do love, and sends them to our game console, so we are able to watch them on our normal tv. I absolutely love this freedom. This must be what it feels like having TiVo.


I'm no longer tied to my tv on Thursday nights! I've been glued to the tv on Thursdays for my MUST SEE TV fix for like 13 years... and if not thursday nights, I always recorded it (Friends through ER... or whatever else was on NBC from 8-11pm on thursdays), and watched it the next day after school (back when I was in school).


Anyway, I absolutely adore my husband for making this so much easier for me. I do sometimes miss channel surfing, and running across the random TLC, HGTV, or A&E program that is just SOOooOoO interesting that I MUST stop surfing to watch it. But over all, I'm so glad that I still get to watch my favorite shows. (Desperate Housewives, Prison Break (for both of us), Men In Trees, Grey's Anatomy, My Name is Earl (we both like this show), and of course, 13 years and running strong, my hallowed ER.


I don't know if I'll ever be able to 100% ween myself from the relaxation, de-stressification (is that even a word?) and enjoyment of tv watching, but this process makes it easier, and for that I would like to tell my husband Thank You, and let him know how much I love and appreciate everything he does for me... Even if its "only" getting me my tv shows. It makes me happy, and I'm so thankful for him.

No comments: