Saturday, February 24, 2007

Happy Birthday to my Mother In Law

It's hubby's mom's birthday on Sunday (25th of Feb.) She'll be 49. I've been volunteering at her office lately, in hopes they can find a way to pay me, and maybe when I finally get immigrated, they'll be able to hire me on full time. I'd love that.


Today we went to Tailgate Charlie's for lunch, and it was pretty fun. Who would have thought that a bunch of Insurance Adjusters could be so hilarious? Was it the fact they all had alcohol with their lunch? Or are they always this funny? I guess I'll find out if I do continue to work/volunteer (or whatever you want to call it) there. I had the nacho platter and I added chicken for a balanced meal, it was quite tasty and I'm surprised I was able to finish it. We then went back to the office for a most delicious ice cream cake from Sweet Paradise (bakery & deli). It was amazing, and well worth the money the office paid.

They really really like me though, and they ALL keep saying "man we've gotta start paying you!" I just keep saying "okay! fine with me!" I'm even catching on to the insurance lingo. Very spiffy. =) If nothing else, it'll be some excellent Canadian experience for my resume!

No comments: